Children’s book publishing is a lucrative market. According to IBISWorld, its revenue size in the US alone is expected to reach $2.6B in 2022.
To help you jump into this industry, this post will show you the 8 best print-on-demand suppliers that allow you to design and publish your own children’s books at affordable prices with no MOQ (minimum order requirement) and provide great shipping times.
Best Print-On-Demand Suppliers For Custom Children’s Books
Here’re the 8 best custom children’s book print-on-demand companies (no minimum).
Founded in 2002, Lulu is the top print-on-demand service to design and create your own children’s books, comics, novels, textbooks, yearbooks, cookbooks, calendars, magazines, notebooks, and eBooks with no minimum.
As a Certified B Corporation, the company is committed to balancing purpose and profit. It prioritizes sustainability and strives for the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Lulu offers children’s books with over 3,000 possible combinations. For example, you can personalize sizes (A4, A5, square, pocket, US letter, etc.), interior pages (blank, lined, graph, or dot grid), bindings (paperback perfect bound, coil bound, saddle stitch, hardcover case wrap, linen wrap, or wire-O), paper types, colors, and cover finish (glossy or matte).
When you have done customizing, Lulu will take care of the rest, from fulfilling, publishing, to shipping products directly to your customers.
- Print facilities across the world, including France, Poland, Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States.
- Blind delivery to over 150 countries within 28 days.
- Replacement copies if you received damaged, defective, or incorrectly packaged items within 30 days of the delivery date.
- 5%-15% volume discounts for orders over 100 units.
- Free guides and templates on how to publish printed books or eBooks.
- Easy pricing calculator.
- Lulu’s global distribution service reaches over 40,000 retailers and schools around the world, including Lulu Bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, the Ingram Network, etc.
- Accept PayPal, credit/debit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
- Print-on-demand app for Shopify and WooCommerce (integrate with other platforms via an API).
- The estimated production time is 3-5 business days.
- Some orders might take up to 6 weeks to arrive due to clearance delays or delivery restrictions.
- Children’s Books: From about $7.68/24 color pages ($0.15 for each additional page).
- Shipping Costs: From $5 to the US/UK, $6-$7 to the EU, and $8 to other countries.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: Start dropshipping for free. You only pay for books printed and shipped to customers.
IngramSpark is a subsidiary of IngramContent – a renowned publishing group that has catered to hundreds of thousands of independent & large-size publishers. It also owns one of the industry’s largest active book inventories of 7.5M+ titles.
IngramSpark uses the most advanced technology to offer high-quality print-on-demand hardcover/paperback children’s books in a wide variety of print options (30 trim sizes, gloss or matte cover lamination, standard or premium interior colors, etc.) at an affordable price.
- Fast international dropshipping (4-10 business days to the US/EU).
- 2%-7% off on large orders.
- Free publishing tools and resources (weekly blog, podcast, online courses, downloadable guides, and more).
- Discounts with outside experts on publisher services (book editing, marketing, book reviews, eBook conversion, etc.)
- Global distribution channels, including Amazon, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, Gardners, Blackwell, and other 40,000 retailers & libraries.
- Accept PayPal, credit/debit cards, and bank accounts.
- 5 business days to print orders.
- No app to integrate directly with eCommerce platforms.
- Children’s Books: From $2.35/24 pages ($0.05 for each additional page).
- Shipping Costs: From $4.2 to the US/UK and $6 to other countries.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: A set-up fee of $49/title and a $1.99 handling fee/order.
The next best children’s book dropshipping print-on-demand company is Blurb. It was launched in 2005 in California USA and has now surpassed the milestone of 20M products printed and shipped.
What to love about Blurb is its beginner-friendly & powerful design tool with free templates to help you quickly create dynamic, vivid, and high-quality children’s books.
- Ship to over 100+ countries and territories within 10-25 business days.
- 10%-40% off for large orders.
- Replacement copies within 30 days of receipt if your books arrive damaged, with material manufacturing defects, or material defects in workmanship.
- Straightforward pricing & shipping calculator.
- Support distributing your books on Blurb Bookstore, Amazon, Ingram, Apple Book Store, and Kickstarter’s campaigns.
- Accept PayPal and major credit cards.
- Connect to Shopify (and other eCommerce platforms via an API).
- 4-5 business days in production.
- High shipping fees to countries outside the US.
- Children’s Books: From $5.99/24 pages ($0.06 per additional page).
- Shipping Costs: From $3.99 to the US, $10.99 to Canada, $30.99 to the EU, etc.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: Free.
Since its inception in 2011 in the US, BookBaby has grown to become the nation’s leading self-publishing supplier and helped over 50K independent authors to create, publish, and distribute their print-on-demand adult & children’s books around the globe.
The company takes zero commission when you sell your publication through its retail partners, including Amazon, Walmart, Apple Books, Barnes & Noble, Powell’s Books, Books-A-Million, and other leading bookstores.
- Deliver internationally within 2-12 days.
- Rush order service for the US market.
- High quantity discounts.
- 30-day refund policy.
- Cover designing, interior formatting, editing, proofreading, query letter, and book synopsis services.
- Display ads, Facebook ads, Linkedin ads, and book marketing solutions.
- Large distribution network, including well-known retail partners and 60+ eBook stores across 170 countries.
- Accept American Express, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and Paypal.
- 3 days to print products.
- No print-on-demand app to connect to eCommerce platforms.
- Children’s Books: Starting from $99/24 pages.
- Shipping Costs: Free shipping within the US. From $30 to other countries.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: From $149.
Doxzoo is a reliable kids’ book wholesale print-on-demand provider with no MOQ established in 2014 in the UK. It serves a wide range of customers, from students, individuals, small-medium companies, charities, to larger organizations.
Until now, Doxzoo has received over 5.5K reviews with an average rating of 4.7 stars.
- Ship worldwide within 1-2 weeks via DPD, UPS, and Royal Mail.
- Rush 2-day-production-time service.
- Guarantee reprints and refunds within 10 days of order delivery.
- Bulk, registration, student, youth, and charity discounts.
- Payment methods include PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Maestro
- The standard production times are 3-5 business days.
- No print-on-demand app.
- Children’s Books: From £11.10/24 pages (about £0.15 per additional one).
- Shipping Costs: From £9.51 to the US, £3.60 to the UK (Free UK courier delivery over £30), £6.5 to the EU, etc.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: None.
Bookemon is another great US print-on-demand supplier for custom children’s books. It has earned excellent reviews from over 1K customers on Trustpilot and Google.
Bookemon strives to enrich, enlighten, and educate people and especially students by providing educators with special promotions and free samples.
- 2-14 days to the US/Canada and up to 6-8 weeks to international territories.
- 10%-18% off and 20%-40% shipping discounts for volume purchases.
- Up to 25% quantity discounts for educators.
- Replacement orders of book defects or damages within 21 days of receipt.
- Pay either with a major credit card or Paypal.
- 5-15 days to process orders.
- No print-on-demand app.
- Children’s Books: From $8.79/20 pages ($0.32 for each additional one).
- Shipping Costs: From $6.99 to the US and $14.99 to other regions.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: None.
UBuildABook offers up to a 90% discount when you order more than 50 publication units.
Besides books for children, other wholesale print-on-demand products the company allow you to customize are yearbooks, artbooks, catalogs, memory books, team books, etc.
- Ship to the US and Canada within 1-2 weeks.
- Has rush service.
- 14-day return polity.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Turnaround time is 7-10 days.
- Only deliver within the US and Canada.
- No print-on-demand app.
- Children’s Books: From $20.95/24 pages (0.28 for each additional page).
- Shipping Costs: From $11.99 for the first book and $3 for each extra one.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees: A $98 setup fee if you order 1-9 books.
8. KDP Print
Finally, we have KDP Print. It’s the official Amazon’s print-on-demand service launched in 2007 that allows you to quickly self-publish eBooks, paperbacks, hardcover novels, comics, cookbooks, journals, poetry, textbooks, and children’s books on the world’s largest online retailer.
KDP offers a fixed 60% royalty rate (60% of your list price) on publications sold on Amazon marketplaces. Then, you need to subtract printing costs to arrive at your profit number.
It’s important to note that if you enable Expanded Distribution – an added service to help you reach more readers through Amazon’s partner bookstores, online retailers, libraries, and academic institutions, the royalty rate drops to 40%.
- Fast global delivery.
- Tap into massive user bases across the US, Europe, and Japan.
- Access Amazon’s marketing services to promote your books.
- Payment methods include direct deposits, wire transfers, and checks.
- Royalties are paid within 30 days or 60 days.
- Cannot connect to eCommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.
- Children’s Books: From $3.65/24-40 pages.
- Shipping Costs: None.
- Print-On-Demand Dropshipping Fees:
If you’re just getting started, consider working with only one or two children’s book print-on-demand dropshipping companies that best suit your needs. Once your brand gets a little bit bigger, you can think of using multiple suppliers at the same time to expedite production.
For merchants interested in learning more about selling products without holding inventory, check out our complete guide to starting a profitable dropshipping business.