The demand for modern and trending clothing styles has been increasing rapidly over the last decade. However, there is a large number of people who still love the spirit of retro & vintage fashion.
According to CarolinaNewsAndReporter, the industry is now worth multi-billion dollars and presents a huge opportunity for retailers. In the report, researchers also find out that millennials and gen Z are focusing less on trends and more on how their shopping behaviors affect the environment.
To help you get into this potential market, this post will detail the 10 best wholesalers offering a wide range of affordable vintage & retro apparel so you can buy and resell them profitably.
Best Wholesale Suppliers For Retro & Vintage Fashion Clothes
Here’re the 10 best retro & vintage fashion clothing wholesalers.
TradeGala is an online B2B fashion marketplace that aims to facilitate the buying process between wholesalers and retail customers around the world, from real-time accounting, inventory, purchasing, warehouse management, logistics, POS, reporting, to CRM.
It provides a wide range of wholesale retro & vintage clothing pieces, such as 1940’s inspired swing dresses, 1950’s stylish wide-leg trousers, Gatsbylady London flapper dresses, old-styled flared skirts, classic tops, etc. They are categorized into different occasions, colors, styles, and sizes.
- International shipping from UK warehouses.
- Free shipping for all orders in the UK and orders over $300 in the US/EU.
- Accept credit cards and Paypal.
- Some products require high MOQ.
- Customers need to register to see the prices.
Smile Vintage is a sustainable wholesale company with an extensive international background and an experienced team specializing in the fashion sector. It imports second-hand men’s and women’s retro garments of different decades from European and American clothing manufacturers to give them another life and help protect the environment.
Smile Vintage’s catalog contains shirts, jackets, jeans, trousers, dresses, and sportswear from many renowned brands like Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Harley Davidson, Carhartt, Versace, Adidas, Nike, Puma, Dr. Martens, Dickies, Lee, Wrangler, Converse, Vans, and more.
- No MOQ.
- Worldwide shipping via DHL.
- A 15% discount coupon for your first purchase.
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, Google Pay, Apple Pay, and Paypal.
- Customers must log in to check out.
- Not offering returns.
3. LA Vintage
With a 42,000-square-foot rag house in Los Angeles California USA, it’s able to sort and export millions of pounds of goods a year.
- Support international delivery.
- Accept credit cards and Paypal.
- A minimum order amount of $1,000.
Since 1989, Thrift Vintage has been supplying cheap wholesale retro & vintage apparel sourced from both American and international rag houses for well-known retailers, including Urban Outfitters, Top Shop, LF Stores, and Glassons.
All items from the company are divided into grades A or B based on their condition. And, they are available in different sizes from S to 2XL+.
- Worldwide shipping via FedEx and UPS (1-5 business days within the US).
- Free shipping on US orders over $200.
- Customers get lower prices if buy more.
- Pay with credit cards, Google Pay, Facebook Pay, Apple Pay, and Paypal.
- MOQ is 5 pieces.
Tasha Apparel is a reliable retro chic hipster-styled fashion clothing dropshipping wholesaler located in the USA. Since 2005, it has been working with manufacturers and designers from the most popular hotbeds of the fashion world, including Los Angeles, New York, and Miami.
Besides vintage garments, Tasha Apparel also provides boutique owners, dropshippers, and eBay/Poshmark/Amazon sellers with a large collection of trendy & fashionable casual wear, swimwear, activewear, dresses, bodysuits, etc.
- No MOQ (But most products come in a pack of 6 units).
- Prompt international shipping within 14 days.
- Short processing times.
- Free shipping on orders over $300 and $9.95 flat rate ground shipping for all orders under $300 (US only).
- Blind dropshipping service is available for free.
- Support Paypal, major credit/debit cards, and wire transfers.
- Does not ship to some regions in the world.
- High shipping costs for international orders.
6. Bulk Vintage
Bulk Vintage is an old-styled fashion clothing wholesale supplier founded in 2009 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania US. Its customers range from resellers, designers, costumers, to textile artists.
Bulk Vintage separates products based on materials, eras, styles, and methods of purchase. Merchants can purchase them by weight, bundle, or hand-pick items at about double the usual price.
- Ship worldwide within 7-10 days via UPS and USPS.
- Support credit cards, money orders, bank transfers, and Paypal.
- MOQ is $300. For hand-picked orders, the minimum amount is $500.
- 3-4 business days to process orders.
- A $2 handling fee for all orders.
- Does not offer size options.
- An 18% restocking fee is deducted from any refund.
North Vintage Wholesale is one of the best dated & vintage fashion apparel wholesale vendors in the UK, having served all small and big businesses since 2016.
It imports 100+ tons of used clothes per month to its Manchester & London warehouses, carefully hand-selecting and categorizing them to ensure the most premium quality.
- Ship globally within 12 business days via DHL, FedEx, TNT, and DPD.
- Free returns within 14 days of arrival (The return postage cost is still covered by customers).
- Payment methods include credit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Klarna.
- MOQ is 15 pieces.
- Long processing times and shipping delays might happen.
Unique Vintage is the next best US wholesale distributor of vintage-inspired fashion. It offers signature looks of the period from the 1920s to the 1990s that are re-imagined for a contemporary world.
Unique Vintage was honored as one of Newsweek’s best online shops and as a member of the prestigious Inc 5000. And, since 2017, the company has been working with famous brands like Barbie, Hello Kitty, Coca Cola, Warner Bros, and DC Comics.
- No MOQ.
- Worldwide delivery within 14 days via FedEx, USPS, DHL, and RPD.
- Free shipping is available for all orders with a subtotal of $160 in the US and $200 in other countries.
- Accepts all major credit cards, Amazon pay, Paypal, Apple Pay, and Affirm.
- Handling times can be up to 4-10 days.
9. Soul Flower
Soul Flower crafts vintage clothes influenced by the hippie and bohemian styles from eco-friendly materials, such as hemp, organic cotton, and recycled paper. From the beginning days of 1999, it has grown from a small boutique to a full-fledged online wholesale vendor.
Regarding the product selection, Soul Flower gives you access to tops, bottoms, and plus for men, women, and kids as well as accessories like bags, headbands, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
- Ship internationally (deliver within 1-3 weeks).
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Paypal.
- The minimum order amount is $150.
- Does not allow customers to resell products on eBay, Etsy, Amazon, or other online marketplaces.
10. Los Banditos
The last one is Los Banditos – a cheap fashion wholesaler for retro & vintage clothing styles based in Turkey. It was established in 2005 and has become one of the leading apparel manufacturers in the country.
Los Banditos is committed to providing top-quality 100% cotton and 100% viscose boho, hippie, and gypsy-styled shirts, pants, skirts, and dresses.
- No MOQ.
- Ship worldwide via DHL (2-7 days to the US/EU).
- Support credit cards, bank transfers, and Western Union.
- Only sell products to customers who own a retail shop or wholesale business.
- Not allowing to resell goods on eBay, Etsy, Amazon, and other online marketplaces.
How To Sell Retro & Vintage Apparel Online Without Buying Wholesale
If you’re on a tight budget to buy inventory, you can still start a profitable retro & vintage fashion boutique online by using a fulfillment model called dropshipping.
It works like this: When someone purchases something from your store, you send the order information to a clothing dropshipping supplier who then helps you take care of fulfilling, packaging, to shipping the product directly to the customer.
To learn more about making money dropshipping, check out our complete guide to building a successful dropshipping business.