If you’re wondering whether to start a furniture dropshipping business, you come to the right place.
In this post, we’ll break down the demand for the furniture dropshipping niche as well as its pros and cons. We’ll also show you the best suppliers, tips, and resources to start selling furniture without inventory as successfully as possible.
Is Furniture A Good Dropshipping Niche?
According to GrandViewResearch, the global furniture market size is anticipated to grow from $480.7 billion in 2017 to $718.3 in 2025, registering a CAGR of 5.1%. In the US, online household furniture sales have grown 10% per year on average between 2016 and 2021. Hence, furniture is a very lucrative and profitable dropshipping niche.
The market is driven by 3 main factors, including rising disposable incomes, growth of real estate and hospitality industries, and demand for luxury furniture from certain consumer sections.
In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has sped up digital adoption and makes consumers more comfortable shopping online, even for expensive products like furniture.
For further proof of demand, you can look at the search volumes for furniture-related keywords on Google. For example, “furniture” has 673,000 searches/month in the US alone, and the number for “sofas” is 368,000 searches/month.
However, it’s important to note that the furniture market, even though fragmented, is highly competitive with the presence of major global players, such as Ashley Furniture Industries, Inter IKEA Group, Steelcase, Okamura Corporation, Herman Miller, Home Depot, HNI Corporation, etc.
How Much Money Can You Make Dropshipping Furniture?
Now, it comes to the most important question you need to ask before jumping into the furniture dropshipping niche: “How much money can I make?”
To answer the question, let’s take Wayfair as an example. It’s the biggest furniture dropshipping brand in the world, having over 125 million monthly visitors. In 2020, the company generates $14.1 billion in total net revenue, up 55.0% year over year.
Well, it’s a number that we might not even dare to dream about. But, it just goes to show how lucrative furniture dropshipping can be.
For anyone wanting to roughly estimate how much money one can make in this niche based on store traffic, you can have a look at some simple calculations below.
As shown by Statista, the average order value for furniture is about $172, with a median gross profit margin of around 31.1%. It means that for every sale, you could make $53.5 in gross profit. Remember, this doesn’t factor in the cost of marketing or operating expense.
The average conversion rate of the eCommerce furniture industry is 0.68%. So, if you get 10,000 visitors/month to your dropshipping store, your monthly gross profit would be 10,000 * 0.68% * $53.5 = $3,638. It translates to 43,656/year.
Pros & Cons Of Dropshipping Furniture
Below are the pros of dropshipping furniture:
- Highly Profitable: As we have calculated, you can make $53.5 in gross profit on average for each furniture sale. This is a huge number compared to, for instance, fashion dropshipping.
- Dealing Less With Customer Service: Selling high-ticket dropshipping products like furniture means fewer customers but more profits. This, in turn, has the benefit that you’ll have to deal with complaints less often.
- Less Competition From Other Dropshippers: Because of the many disadvantages of selling expensive goods, beginner dropshippers are more inclined towards selling low-cost items.
And, here are the cons of this dropshipping niche:
- Expensive Shipping Fees: Furniture is usually large and bulky, resulting in high delivery costs.
- Potentially Damaged In Transit: Furniture is vulnerable to damage during shipping, causing high return & refund rates.
- Highly Competitive: Prepare yourself to compete with established brands and well-known marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
- High Upfront Investment: You will need at least $2,000-$3,000 to spend on testing winning products, advertising, and fulfilling orders.
- Enormous Level Of Trust: Since furniture is often costly, people will never buy from a store that doesn’t look professional and trustworthy.
- Challenging To Promote: A large portion of audiences on social platforms are average and low-income. Therefore, it’s difficult to find and promote furniture to the right customers.
13 Best Furniture Dropshipping Suppliers
Below are the 13 best furniture dropshipping suppliers to find high-quality and affordable products.
Next, we have BigBuy – a Spanish dropshipping wholesaler with nearly 10 years of experience in the industry.
Thanks to volume purchasing, it offers furniture dropshipping products at a competitive price. The supplier also gives you access to other 80K+ items in categories like home & kitchen, computers & electronics, fitness & sports, health & beauty, fashion & accessories, and children & toys.
Another strength of BigBuy is that it has warehouses all over Europe, which allow for urgent shipping (within 2-4 days) to most European and North American countries.
- Fast global delivery with express couriers like GLS, DHL, UPS, TNT, etc.
- 24/48 hours processing times.
- The catalog is translated into 24 major languages.
- Turnkey dropshipping store solution (filled with BigBuy’s products and equipped with blogs).
- Accept Paypal and credit/debit cards.
- Integrate directly with Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Prestashop, WooCommerce, Magento, and more.
- High shipping costs (Starting from $10 for European countries. As high as $100-$200 for international orders).
- Expensive activation and subscription fees.
- Furniture are relatively costly.
The one-time activation fee to integrate BigBuy with major eCommerce platforms is anywhere between $129-$599. Plus, you have to pay an extra $29-$99/month.
BigBuy receives an average of 4.6-star reviews on Trustpilot for top-notch customer service and high-quality goods.
CostWay is a furniture wholesale dropshipping supplier in the US that started selling on Amazon & eBay in 2008. After several years, the company has successfully grown into an established online shopping destination for millions of customers based on partnerships with Walmart, Macy’s, and Ziff Davis.
Besides furniture, CostWays also possesses other 8K+ items in the home & living niche, which are categorized into home decor, lighting, bed supplies, office supplies, pet goods, kitchen & dining supplies, and many more.
- Large warehouses scattered across the US, the UK, Germany, Italy, Canada, France, Spain, Poland, Australia, Austria, and Belgium with an average shipping time of 2-5 business days via UPS, USPS, and FedEx.
- Process orders within 24 hours.
- Free shipping.
- Catalog in 8 languages.
- Shipments exceeding 8 business days have the option to choose order cancellations or partial refunds.
- 90-day return guarantee with quick response.
- Coupons for merchants who reach specific sales thresholds.
- Pay with Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, JCB card, and Klarna.
- Only deliver to 11 countries.
- No in-house dropshipping app (Connect via a CSV file or third-party tools, including Inventory Source, DSM Tool, and SKU Grid).
It’s totally free to start dropshipping from this supplier.
CostWay is a fast and reliable non-Chinese dropshipping supplier with an average 4-star rating across review websites.
DropshippingXL is a dropshipping supplier under VidaXL – a renowned international online retailer for furniture, home & garden, sporting goods, and vehicles & parts founded in 2006.
It has a team of professionals to do market research and find out what kind of items are in high demand. Then, the firm negotiates with factory direct wholesalers to purchase them in bulk at a low price and pass a percentage of savings to you.
Besides, DropshippingXL has its own factory that produces several types of chipboard furniture.
- Fast shipping to 27 European countries, the United States and Australia.
- Free shipping (Except for some regions in Australia).
- Excellent product warranty and return polices.
- Process orders with Paypal, credit cards, and wallets.
- Integrate with Magento, WooCommerce, LightSpeed, and other platforms via API.
- Not ship worldwide.
- Many products are costly.
The fee is €30/month to become a DropshippingXL partner.
DropshippingXL is operated by VidaXL, so it’s safe and reliable to dropship from this platform.
GeekBuying is one of the best furniture dropshipping suppliers in China.
Founded in 2012, the company has built local warehouses all over the world, from China, Hong Kong, Spain, Germany, Italy, Poland, to America. It has also developed an efficient distribution system that guarantees to dispatch your orders within 48 hours and deliver them fast anywhere your customers live.
In addition, GeekBuying is a great brand name dropshipping supplier, letting you dropship branded products of famous companies like One Netbook, Tronsmart, Baseus, Kingston, Beelink, etc.
- Global shipping within 2-50 days via Air Mail, DHL, EMS, UPS, Australia Direct Line, US Priority Line, etc.
- Has free shipping options.
- Support 11 languages.
- Accept major credit/debit cards, Paypal, and wire transfers.
- No in-house dropshipping app.
GeekBuying doesn’t charge monthly fees.
GeekBuying receives great ratings from customers and dropshippers (3.9/5 on TrustPilot) for fast delivery and high-quality goods.
HomeRoots provides you with a wide selection of home & living products to start selling, ranging from furniture, lighting, home decor, bed & bath supplies, kitchen & dining parts, to office supplies.
It commits to bridging the gap between merchants and direct manufacturers, enabling anyone to purchase goods at B2B prices as easily as B2C online shopping.
- 2-7 business days to deliver orders to the United States and Canada.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
- No in-house dropshipping app.
- High shipping costs.
There’s no monthly fee when dropshipping from this furniture dropshipping supplier.
HomeRoots is a trustworthy company that is currently used by Wayfair.
Since its inception in 2011, QuickwayImports is dedicated to offering customers the most extraordinary furniture at an affordable price. Many of the products are made from wood with antique finishing.
- Global delivery within 30 days.
- Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
- No dropshipping app.
- High shipping fees.
You are charged for each product you sell.
It’s safe to dropship furniture from QuickwayImports. But, shipping delays might happen.
7. Rivercity House & Home Co
Rivercity House & Home Co is an Australian dropshipping supplier, providing a full line of furniture products.
They consist of coffee tables, bar stools, dining tables, dining chairs, bed frames, mattresses, stand-up desks, office chairs, hammocks, garden benches, recliners, shoe racks, bookcases, and many more.
- Delivery times are usually less than 72 hours inside Australia.
- Shipment processing takes 1 business day.
- Free delivery.
- Accept Paypal, all major credit/debit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc.
- No in-house dropshipping app.
- Only ship within Australia.
- Relatively expensive furniture.
It’s free to dropship from Rivercity House & Home Co.
This platform is 100% legit and safe to do business with.
Another fast dropshipping supplier for furniture in Australia is Ozdingo. It’s a family-owned company that started selling a few household items in 2013.
By prioritizing customer service, the owners gradually built trust with shoppers and have grown to now offer thousands of products in beauty, fitness, toys & gadgets, health & wellbeing, home & kitchen, animals & pet supplies, safety & hardware tools, electronics, and more.
- As fast as 1-day shipping within Australia via DHL Express. 5-day shipping on average for international orders.
- Free AU delivery.
- 24-hour processing times.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Accept Paypal and all major credit cards.
- No in-house dropshipping app.
- Many items are fairly expensive.
- As high as $100 shipping fees for orders to non-AU countries.
Ozdingo has no subscription fees.
Ozdingo is a trustworthy furniture dropshipping supplier with an average of 4.9-star ratings on Trustpilot. Overall, merchants are happy with its responsive customer service, fast shipping, and quality products.
One of the cheapest dropshipping suppliers for furniture is AliExpress. It’s the most popular B2C Chinese cross-border eCommerce website in the world owned by the renowned Alibaba Group.
On here, apart from furniture, you can find winning dropshipping products in any dropshipping niches. Most are from direct manufacturers, so you can buy them at a very low cost without middlemen markups.
- Ship to 200+ countries and regions via AliExpress Shipping, UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, ePacket, China Post Ordinary & Air Mail, and more.
- Support 10+ major languages.
- Process orders with Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Wire Transfer, AliExpress Pocket, etc.
- Supported by Oberlo, DSers, Topdser, Dropified, Importify, and many other dropshipping apps.
- Not all sellers are reliable.
- Shipping can take up to 45 days.
You cover the costs of goods and delivery.
AliExpress receives an average 3.6/5 review score on TrustPilot. The majority of complaints state that the site has poor customer service when it comes to returns & refunds.
While Alibaba is mainly popular for cheap B2B wholesale trade, you can also use it as a furniture dropshipping supplier with the help of the Alibaba Dropshipping Center. It’s a newly launched tool of the platform that allows anyone to start dropshipping Alibaba products with no MOQ.
- Strict verification and authentication processes for all Chinese sellers.
- Ship to 190 countries and regions via Couriers, Alibaba Ocean Freight, Alibaba Air Freight, Air Express, and Parcels.
- Trade Assurance to ensure orders are as described and shipped on time.
- Costs of products and shipping fees are negotiable.
- Has private-label/white-label products.
- Support 18+ major languages.
- Accept credit/debit cards, wire transfers (T/T), PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Integrate with Shopify and WooCommerce.
- Usually high shipping costs.
- Long processing and shipping times (15 days at least).
Alibaba is available for free to access and dropship from.
Alibaba receives an excellent rating on TrustPilot (4.2/5) for its professional service and reliable sellers.
Established in 2014, CJDropshipping is a reputable dropshipping company with 200+ warehouses all over the world, from China, the USA, Germany, Britain, France, to Asian countries.
What makes this supplier special is that you can post sourcing requests for any furniture dropshipping products from 1688, Taobao, Tmall, AliExpress, and other Chinese marketplaces. Then, Chinese dropshipping agents from CJ can help you source those products for free.
- Worldwide shipping within 2 – 25 days via CJPacket, USPS, DHL, EMS, PostNL, etc.
- Support 30+ languages.
- Custom labeling and packaging services.
- Print-on-demand solutions.
- Winning product photography and video creation.
- Payment methods include Paypal, bank wire transfer, credit card, Payoneer, and Midtrans.
- Integrate with eBay, Shopify, WooCommerce, Lazada, Shopee, and more.
- Some items have relatively high shipping fees.
You only have to pay for the costs of products and shipping charges.
CJDropshipping has an extraordinary 4.9/5 rating on TrustPilot. Overall, merchants are happy with its customer service as well as dropshipping solutions.
DHgate is the home of more than 2.2M sellers and 22M product listings.
The biggest benefit when dropshipping from DHgate is its buyer protection service, which allows you to get 100% refunds without returns if orders are defective or not as described.
- Global delivery within 3-15 working days via China Post, EMS, DHL, FedEx, TNT, Singapore Post, HK Post, etc.
- 60% of products are ready to ship from the US and European warehouses.
- 14 languages.
- Payment methods include PayPal, credit card, bank wire transfers, and Western Union.
- Integrate with Shopify and eBay.
- Not all sellers on DHgate are trustworthy.
- Inconsistent shipping times.
You can start dropshipping from DHgate for totally free.
DHgate has mixed reviews among customers and merchants. Some have great experience buying from this furniture dropshipping supplier, while others say that they receive poor-quality products or long shipping times.
Consider checking out our complete guide to dropshipping from DHgate for more information on how to choose reliable sellers and start selling with this platform successfully.
The final one is Banggood. It’s a similar site to DHgate which has a network of sellers in 100+ Chinese regions and 37+ overseas warehouses, offering over 1M products at a very reasonable price.
The most amazing feature of Banggood is that by becoming its dropshipping partner, you can get 5% – 20% discounts on most furniture products.
- Deliver to 200+ countries and territories via Standard Shipping, Air Parcel Register, Railway Direct Mail, Expedited Shipping Service, and EMS Express Mail Service.
- Support 20+ languages.
- Custom shipping invoices.
- Pay via Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, RuPay, UPI Payment, KONBINI, Multibanco, Klarna, AfterPay, etc.
- Connect to Shopify, eBay, and other platforms via Banggood API.
- Shipping can take up to 60 days.
There’s no monthly fee when dropshipping from Banggood.
On TrustPilot, Banggood receives a great 3.9/5 rating. Most buyers are satisfied with its customer service and accurate shipping times.
10 Best Furniture Dropshipping Product Ideas
Below are the 10 best dropshipping product ideas for furniture.
1. Accent Furniture
Accent furniture refers to furniture that stands out against the rest of the space’s decor or style.
Because of its many benefits, not only for decorative purposes but also for adding emphasis and personality to a room, accent furniture has been the topmost choice by many people when shopping for home & living goods.
2. Foldable Outdoor Furniture
Foldable outdoor furniture is a great dropshipping product idea for people who are keen on traveling and camping.
As surveyed by Facebook, the top interest people purchase on Instagram is traveling (45%). Pinterest also shows that 39% of its users are into traveling.
Another reason to try dropshipping this product is attributed to its convenience and flexibility. According to research, we love convenience, and it’s deeply ingrained in our brains. They also show that people regularly spend more for convenience.
3. Pet Furniture
Spending on domestic animals has been rising significantly over the world, especially among the millennial population. As researched by AlliedMarketResearch, the pet furniture market size was valued at $3,4 billion in 2019 and is estimated to reach $5,1 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.5%.
Regarding winning dropshipping product ideas, you can try selling pet beds, doghouses, hammocks, dog coolers, cat trees, parrot tents, etc.
4. Portable Laptop Desks
For many, it feels more comfortable working or watching movies in bed or on the couch. With a laptop desk, it becomes easy to set that up and protects people from straining their back and neck too much.
Portable laptop desks nowadays also come with space for mouses or phones, which make them extra attractive in the eyes of your customers.
A pouf is a soft, lightweight, multi-functional floor seat that is reminiscent of a large round pillow. They are usually used for extra seating or as a place to rest feet when sitting on the couch.
Firm poufs also make great surfaces for putting coffee, trays, laptops, and other decorative items.
6. Levitating Shoe Display Stands
How about dropshipping something a little bit more creative? This cool piece of furniture is a magnetic stand that can levitate and rotate many kinds of shoes in the air.
In a study, researchers reveal that perception of innovation is significantly important in purchasing decisions. Specifically, 51% of respondents say they have bought a product simply because it was “cool.” Furthermore, 83% of respondents state that they would pay more for innovation, and 15% of them are willing to pay over 40% more.
7. Macrame Hanging Shelves
Macrame wall hanging shelves are usually handmade with premium wood planks and cotton yarns using intricate knotting techniques.
They are cheap furniture dropshipping products that are helpful to display a wide variety of items, ranging from books, candles, decorative props, family photos, plant pots, kitchen tools, etc.
8. Bean Bag Chairs
The next winning furniture dropshipping product idea is bean bags. They are simple, soft, cozy, and perfect for sitting, napping, and lounging. Bean bags also make a perfect addition to every room, like the playroom, child’s bedroom, or basement.
As shown by GrandViewResearch, the global bean bag chair market is expected to increase from $3.3 billion in 2018 to $4,2 billion in 2025, registering a CAGR of 4%. The growth is driven by the rising consumer need for a flexible space in the home and its popularity among children and adults for watching television, playing video games, and reading books.
9. Long Cushions
These long cushions are not only a great addition for chairs and recliners to make them softer and more comfortable to sit on. People can also use them as floor mats to lie down.
Plus, it’s possible to bring them in a car or to an outdoor party and enjoy high-quality time with family members.
10. Gaming Furniture
The final winning dropshipping product idea we’d like to introduce is gaming furniture.
Gaming is no doubt one of the fastest-growing and most lucrative businesses. Many people, especially the younger generation, take gaming very seriously.
The trend for gaming furniture started with gaming chairs. As pointed out by VerifiedMarketResearch, the gaming chairs market size was valued at $3,7 billion in 2020 and is anticipated to growing at a CAGR of 5.93 % from 2021 to 2028.
Then, there’re gaming desks, recliners, and lounges. In our opinion, you should try dropshipping these products first as the market for them is less competitive than gaming chairs.
How To Start Dropshipping Furniture Successfully
Here’re some tips and resources to help you start dropshipping furniture profitably.
1. Best ECommerce Platform For Dropshipping Furniture
Shopify is the best platform for dropshipping. The reason is that it’s easy to use, fast to set up, stable, and effortless to scale up.
Additionally, Shopify provides you with 15+ themes tailored-made for selling furniture and other 100+ themes to design a beautiful and unique store.
On top of that, with a market of 4200+ apps, you can easily extend your store functionality to cater to all your business needs.
Consider checking out our comprehensive guide on starting dropshipping successfully with Shopify for more information.
2. Best Shopify Themes For Furniture Dropshipping
Shopify has a lot of themes. However, we think the 6 ones below are the greatest for furniture dropshipping.
Dawn – Best Free Theme For Furniture Stores
First, we have Dawn. It’s a modern, flexible and free theme to showcase your entire furniture collections with minimal distractions.
Dawn comes with drag-and-drop sections and various blocks to create custom pages throughout your store without special coding.
Due to the lack of features, the theme only receives 35% positive reviews on Shopify. But, if you’re just getting started and demand a simple theme that loads fast, Dawn is definitely a good option.
Warehouse – Best For Large Furniture Catalogs
For merchants dropshipping an extensive furniture catalog, have a look at Warehouse. The theme implements predictive search to display live search results as well as quick links for products and store pages, helping shoppers quickly find what they want.
Warehouse also provides you with dedicated cards on product pages to cleanly showcase your security and payment badges, which can significantly boost conversion rates.
Another noteworthy feature is the exit popup. It lets you collect the email addresses of potential customers before they leave your store for email marketing campaigns.
Warehouse costs $180.00 and receives a 86% positive review on Shopify.
Startup – Best For Small Furniture Catalogs
The next one is Startup. This theme is ideal for furniture stores with small catalogs because of its minimalist design with a focus on highlighting high-resolution photography, customer testimonials, and social sharing options.
Besides, Startup comes with custom modules like sidebar menus, home page videos, and FAQs.
Regarding pricing, the theme costs $180.00 and has 85% positive reviews on Shopify.
ShowTime – Best For Product & Content Promotion
As the name suggests, ShowTime is a perfect theme for promoting your furniture dropshipping goods as well as your blog content.
It lets you create and show many types of promotion tiles, popups, banners. Furthermore, the theme has sidebar widgets that give your products, categories, and blog posts extra exposure.
Currently, ShowTime is $180 and receives 98% positive reviews.
Cascade – Best For Visual Storytelling
Cascade helps narrate your brand journey by quickly capturing visitors’ attention with a sophisticated page layout, a heavy focus on store imagery, and the ability to group different types of content together.
The theme costs $240.00 and has 100% positive reviews on Shopify.
Split – Best To Make A Difference
Split has a sleek image-focused design and modern vertical page layouts that look very unique and appealing.
Many sections of the theme are also automatically adapting their sizes based on the number of items, so your store always looks beautiful across devices.
At the time of writing, Split receives a 99% positive review on Shopify and costs $180.
3. Pricing Markup Tips For Furniture Dropshipping Products
Although the common retail markup for furniture is between 200%-400%, we think 100%-150% is a better starting point for beginner dropshippers. It’s enough to cover all of your expenses (especially advertising) and not too costly for customers to buy.
Remember, the goal in the beginning is to test and see if your product has potential, not to make significant profits.
So, for instance, if a furniture product costs $50, your listing price should be around $100 – $125. Then, depending on your conversion rates and profit margins, try raising or lowering the price and see how things turn out.
4. Platforms To Promote Your Furniture Dropshipping Store
We recommend that you focus on using these 4 platforms below to help you promote and generate sales for your online store.
- Facebook: According to Statista, 86% of internet users in the US with $100K+ annual income use Facebook. For the UK, 81% of people earning £48K+ per year use the platform. Therefore, it’s entirely possible to promote expensive goods like furniture on Facebook.
- Google Shopping: This is a free and paid listing service from Google that displays offers from various sellers and advertisers, allowing users to quickly search for products on online websites and compare prices between them. By using Google Shopping, you can reach millions of potential customers for free.
- Pinterest: 40% of Pinners make at least $100K per year. Furthermore, 66% of users on this platform buy something after seeing a brand’s Pins. Thus, if you dropship furniture, you need to be on Pinterest.
- SEO & Blogging: When it comes to making large purchasing, 81% of shoppers use Google for additional information. And, 69% are more likely to buy from a website that addresses their questions.
5. Tips To Increase Your Furniture Business Revenue
In addition to dropshipping furniture, home decor and other home & living supplies are great additions to either cross-sell your customers or simply expanding your product catalogs.
Suggested items are wall art, pillows, blankets, rugs, lighting fixtures, air purifiers, kitchen appliances, etc.
Another simple method to immediately increase your furniture store revenue is to include product warranties. This triggers the zero-risk bias, which refers to our preference to opt for situations where we can completely eliminate risk.
Dropshipping Furniture – Conclusion
It’s a good idea to try making money dropshipping furniture. You can reduce competition and market saturation. Furthermore, you’ll have to deal less with customer service and can focus more on promoting products and boosting sales – stuff that you actually enjoy doing.
However, it’s essential to look out for the many disadvantages of this niche, mostly having to do with funding, finding high-quality products, picking reliable suppliers, and building trust with customers.
For a complete roadmap on building a sustainable dropshipping business, check out the complete dropshipping checklist.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.