Hoodies & sweatshirts have become an essential part of modern clothing. They don’t only provide a feeling of comfort and warmth but also look fashionable and cool.
According to research, Americans alone bought over $2.81 billion worth of these products, and this number is only expected to grow in the coming years.
As the demand for high-quality, stylish sweatshirts and hoodies increases, partnering with the best manufacturers is crucial for designers, retailers, and apparel entrepreneurs.
To help you navigate the vast industry landscape, we’ve curated a list of the top 26 hoodie & sweatshirt manufacturers in the USA. We’ll also provide insights into each company’s offerings, including services, capabilities, pros & cons, and what sets them apart in the industry.
Best Manufacturers Of Custom Sweatshirts & Hoodies In the USA
Here’re the 26 best custom sweatshirt & hoodie manufacturers in the United States.
Established in 1988, Bella+Canvas is one of the best sustainable clothing manufacturers based in Los Angeles, United States.
It offers premium men’s fleece full-zip hoodies, women’s cinched bottom hoodies, crop sweatshirts, quarter-zips, pullovers, classic sweatshirts, raglan sweatshirts, and drop-shoulder sweatshirts that can be completely personalized to your needs or made ready for sewing on your branded labels.
The customization options range from patterns, color, stitching, to fabric. The development process includes custom lab dips, tech packs, and development sample approval.
Bella+Canvas owns massive production facilities that use 7x less water than the average garment producer and recycle pretty much everything that can’t be turned into garments.
In addition, Bella+Canvas’s supply chain partners are carefully evaluated based on quality, price, speed, and a shared vision around environmental and social responsibility as well as fair working conditions.
- No minimum for in-stock blank clothes.
- 50% off on up to 7 blank product samples per calendar year (only available to customers with a valid resale certificate).
- Accept credit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- The minimum number of items for custom orders starts at 25,000 units per style/color.
- The development process takes 1-3 weeks and the production times start at 2 weeks.
- Do not ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- You have to contact the company to arrange shipments outside the USA.
Independent Trading Co bulk manufactures lightweight crop sweatshirts, midweight pigment dye crews, heavyweight hooded pullovers, fitted hoodies, varsity zip hoodies, and imprintable oversized hoodies in over 60 styles with a vast range of colors.
The company can help you with development from body styles, fabrics, embellishment techniques, to trims like zipper pulls, patches, pins, labels, drawcords, hangtags, etc.
Independent Trading Co has headquarters in San Clemente, California, USA, and has produced custom apparel in China for 30 years.
- No minimum order quantity for in-stock blanks.
- Ship globally.
- Free shipping on blank orders over $75 within the continental 48 states.
- Sales catalogs, flyers, and email blasts that you can use for your marketing campaigns.
- Support net 30 terms, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- The minimum for custom manufacturing services is 600 pieces per color and style.
- Lead production times are 60-90 days.
- Not delivering to PO boxes.
Lane Seven Apparel specializes in manufacturing and wholesaling blank hoodies & sweatshirts with a 3-end knit, which makes the surface area easier to screen print on.
Lane Seven Apparel is based in Irwindale, California, United States, with over 30 years of production experience.
- No minimums for blanks.
- Worldwide delivery.
- Accept payments through all major credit cards, wire transfers, and business checks.
- Requiring a MOQ for custom orders.
- Long lead times.
Based in Los Angeles, USA, West Coast Blends is an excellent full-package manufacturer of plain sweat sets & hoodies made from 100% cotton.
It provides custom style & color programs, personalized dyes & washes, printing & embroidery, private labeling, etc.
With a focus on quality and longevity in mind, the company uses the strongest stitch types along with strategically placed details and bar tacks.
- No MOQs for in-stock blanks.
- Ship timely throughout North America.
- Pay by common credit/debit cards.
- Minimum quantities for custom orders start at 500 pieces per style/color and a minimum of 1000 pieces per production run.
- Lead times start at 2 weeks.
- Doesn’t deliver globally.
Royal Apparel is a leading environmentally-friendly wholesale clothing manufacturer of custom men’s/women’s/kids’ hoodies & outerwear located in New York, United States.
The company started in the early 90s offering private-label knitwear to luxury stores, national fashion brands, and big retailers. Nowadays, its products are picked by musicians, artists, wellness brands, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 corporations, the tech industry, national parks, museums, breweries, wineries, and restaurants.
Regarding customization options & services, they include colors, patterns, fabrics, pigment dye, labels, screen printing, embroidery, and graphic designs.
- No minimum for in-stock blanks.
- International delivery via FedEx and UPS.
- Free freight shipping on stocked orders over $350 (within the continental US only).
- Approved wholesale accounts can order 7 blank product samples per calendar year at a 15% discount.
- Hoodie dropshipping services.
- You can pay with all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- Custom order minimums range from 1200-2400 units, per style and color.
- The lead time is 8-10 weeks from the date your samples are approved.
Cotton Heritage features French terry zip-ups, crewneck sweatshirts, and fleece pullover hoodies that are available for private-label/custom programs.
It’s a mill-direct & WRAP-certified bulk clothing manufacturer in the USA with warehouses in Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, and Ridgeway VA.
- No minimum for stocked orders.
- Free UPS ground shipping on catalog orders from $250.
- Generous pricing and freight discounts based on order quantity.
- Payment methods include major credit cards, company checks, and COD.
- The minimum for custom orders is 600-1200 pieces.
- Production turnaround times are 90-120 days.
- Need to contact the customer service team to arrange international shipments.
Hyphen Apparel has been manufacturing and supplying quality hoodies/sweatshirts to licensing companies like Disney, NFL licensing, and Marvel as well as corporate retailers such as Old Navy, Gap, Hot Topic, Torrid, Buckle, and Forever21.
The company has US warehouses and offices in two locations in Los Angeles and Guatemala, offering start-to-finish services from sample making, monitor compliance, administration, production, to delivery.
- Ship globally.
- No minimums for stocked blanks.
- Free domestic delivery on in-stock orders $150+.
- Accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover.
- A minimum quantity of 3,000 pieces per color per style for custom orders.
Quality Blank specializes in manufacturing streetwear hoodies that are produced from custom-made 100% luxury quality cotton fabrics developed sustainably and free from harmful substances and chemicals.
This company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Full-service production (DTG, screen printing, embroidery, sublimation, private labeling, and custom designs).
- Accept common credit cards and bank wire transfers.
- The MOQ for wholesale stocked orders is 30 units.
- An MOQ of 60-100 units for custom cut & sew orders.
- Production times are 2-3 weeks.
9. Expert Brand
Expert Brand is one of the best manufacturers of sustainable made-in-USA athletic wear hoodies.
It started in 1993 creating technical performance fabric for famous brands. Since then, the company has combined expert engineering and an eco-conscious approach to craft elevated basics that meet the rigorous demands of professional athletes and the armed forces.
- No minimum for in-stock items.
- Free shipping in the continental USA for catalog orders over $500.
- Accept all major credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and Mastercard), PayPal, and Google Pay.
- A minimum of 144 units for custom neck or logo prints on stocked blanks, 1500-3000 units for custom colors, and 3000-5000 units for custom styles.
- If you’re an overseas customer, you will need to arrange your own shipping carrier.
10. LA Speedy
The next reliable custom/private-label clothing manufacturer of hooded sweatshirts in the United States to check out is LA Speedy.
Its products are available for services such as pattern-making, sampling, grading, fabric sourcing, marking, cutting, sewing, trimming, steam pressing, product photography, and printing/embroidery/sublimation.
Having over 20 years of production experience along with a vertically integrated manufacturing factory, LA Speedy is able to provide the newest styles quickly and ensure the quality of products.
- No minimums for stocked items.
- Payment via major credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Meta Pay, and Shop Pay.
- The MOQ for custom orders is 100-5,000 pieces. Any orders below 100 pieces per color & style are subject to a $50 cutting fee.
- The production phase requires at least 10-15 business days.
- Not shipping globally.
11. Scott x Scott
Scott x Scott is a family-owned and operated US-made hoodie & sweatshirt supplier, designing and manufacturing for clients such as Urban Outfitters, Levi’s, and Revolve Clothing.
It has launched multiple brands under its umbrella, starting with the menswear line BSCOTT in 2008; followed by the women’s line Sarah Scott; and a bespoke accessory line One of One.
Scott x Scott’s mission is to provide a full package production service from designing and development, to production and private labeling, at a competitive price with virtually no minimums.
- No MOQ.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Long production times.
12. The Evans Group
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and production house for over 3K emerging designers and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its hoodie & outerwear manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master patternmaker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
13. Bomme Studio
Bomme Studio is the next made-in-USA clothing manufacturer, offering full-service development, sourcing, and production for custom sweatshirts & hoodies.
Its services consist of personalized neck tapes, size labels, care labels, hang tags, patches, laces, plastic or metal aglets, heat-press stones, etc.
The company owns and operates manufacturing sites in California and Mexico, with an additional sourcing office in South Korea to ensure you get competitive costs at the highest quality available.
- Digital marketing agency services, including Shopify website building, product photography/video content, SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, brand coaching, etc.
- Payment can be made through Visa, MasterCard, Affinity Card, American Express, and PayPal.
- For custom production orders, the MOQ is 150 units per style.
- The MOQ for private-label blanks programs is 50 units per style.
- Sample development takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Production takes 10-12 weeks from the time your sample is approved.
Lefty Production Co is a reliable wholesale hoodie & sweatshirt manufacturing company based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, USA.
It has collaborated with some famous fashion brands like Matthew Williamson, Rosetta Getty, Christian Siriano, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.
When working with Lefty, you’re provided with one-stop OEM/ODM service, from sketching, designing, fabric & trim sourcing, pattern making, branding, virtual 3D sampling, marking & grading, cutting, size testing, to production, laser cutting, and packing.
- Deliver to the USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and France.
- Consulting and website development services.
- Pay with credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 50 pieces.
- Not delivering globally.
15. ARI JOGIEL
ARI JOGIEL is a full-package hoodie/sweatshirt supplier in downtown Los Angeles, offering consulting, graphic design, development, manufacturing, private labeling, and finishing & packaging services.
Currently, it’s working with over 150 brands across the United States.
- Additional services like embellishments, marketing assets, product packaging design, etc.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- Minimums start at 150 pieces per style (up to 2 colors and 4 sizes).
- Production takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks.
Tailored Industry is an on-demand manufacturer specializing in knitted hoodies & sweatshirts. Its catalog contains various production-ready styles that can be made with your labels. You can also request adjustments to create a custom style.
Tailored Industry is located in New York, United States.
- No MOQs for on-demand services.
- Support Shopify dropshipping.
- Payment via Visa, Mastercard, Affinity cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- On-demand services cost $299-$699/month.
- No-subscription bulk production services require a MOQ of 300+ pieces.
Avendors is a US-made sweatshirt & hoodie manufacturer that works with clients such as Pangaia, Fear Of God, Vuori, Vince, etc.
As for services, Avendors provides pattern making, sample making, fabric knitting, fabric dying, grading, marking, cutting, production sewing, private labeling, and trimming & packing.
- Global delivery.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- 95-piece minimum.
- The production turnaround time is around 4-6 weeks.
18. Indie Source
Indie Source is a full-package manufacturer of custom knits & woven hoodies based in the United States that has been featured on Forbes, VH1, WWD, and BET.
Indie Source helps you source fabric, make patterns, and build samples to achieve your target manufacturing costs. In addition, the company assists brands in marketing and selling their products at scale.
- Worldwide delivery.
- Supporting you in creating a high-converting Shopify store, producing high-quality photography, and other growth marketing services.
- Payments via major credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 300 units per style/color.
- Production takes up to 6-8 weeks or a couple of months.
Founded in 1947, Apparel Production NY is a highly experienced hoodie producer in New York, USA.
With the capabilities of handling the full manufacturing process from initial sketch & design, pattern making, and first sample production to full cutting and sewing, private labeling, and packing/shipping, Apparel Production NY is trusted by high-end fashion labels, such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Cole, etc.
- Global shipping.
- Accept bank checks, money orders, cash, and PayPal.
- The minimum is 250 pieces per style in 3 different colors and different sizes.
- 2–3 weeks of production time.
20. ARGYLE Haus
ARGYLE Haus is a US-based design house and manufacturing firm of custom hoodies & sweatshirts, outerwear, intimate wear, beach wear, uniforms, and kids’ attires.
Since its launch in 2010, it has been offering one-stop services to 100+ established designers, growth-stage companies, and national brands.
- Services include technical fashion design, research & concept development, fabric & material selection, pattern development, sampling & prototyping, cutting & sewing, private labeling, quality control & evaluation, marketing & promotion, etc.
- Support major credit card payment methods.
- High MOQ (starting from 300 pieces).
21. Affix Apparel
Affix Apparel is a private-label/custom hoodie manufacturer in the USA, with over 10 years of experience serving both small and large fashion brands.
It provides various services, including material sourcing, grading, pattern designing, sampling sizing, cut & sew manufacturing, all-over sublimation screen printing, embroidery, woven labels, satin labels, hang tags, and heat transfer labels.
- Global delivery.
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- A MOQ of 50+ pieces.
- Lead times are between 2-6 weeks.
22. Euphoric Colors
Also situated in Los Angeles, USA, Euphoric Colors manufactures custom hoodies, sweatshirts, t-shirts, swimwear, lingerie, uniforms, dresses, urban apparel, and textile accessories like tote bags, cushions, pillows, bedsheets, and so on.
The services include consulting, sourcing, pattering making, sampling, cutting & sewing, fabric knitting, dyeing & printing, re-branding, etc.
- Support common credit/debit card payment methods.
- MOQ starts from 300 units per style/color.
- Lead times are 4-8 weeks.
23. Stylus Apparel
The next bulk hoodie & sweatshirt manufacturer in the US worth looking into is Stylus Apparel.
Operating since 1978, it develops clothes with various decoration and creation techniques, such as screen printing, sublimation printing, embroidery, cutting & sewing, and custom woven fabric labels.
- International delivery.
- Accept credit/debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- The minimum starts from 36 pieces.
- The average lead time for sampling and production is between 2-6 weeks.
Arzee International offers product design & development, fabric & materials sourcing, sampling, and production.
This US-made hoodie & sweatshirt manufacturer works with clients all over the world from offices in Los Angeles, New York, and Mexico City.
- Design & development, fabric & materials sourcing, sampling, and production.
- The minimum order requirement is 500 pieces.
25. Seam Apparel
Seam Apparel is a custom hoodie producer in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 10 years of garment production experience and is dedicated to serving both small startups and big brands.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Fabric/material sourcing, sampling, pattern making, sizing, grading, marking, etc.
- Accept all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- The minimum is 50 pieces.
- Long lead times.
26. Made Blanks
Made Blanks features vintage-style hoodies & sweatshirts made in the United States.
Founded in 2014, it’s a wholesale manufacturer with a mission to consistently innovate the quality and fit of staple pieces.
- No order minimums for catalog products.
- Pay online with major credit/debit cards.
- Limited custom production services.
- Only shipping inside the US and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico).
How To Start An Online Custom Hoodie & Sweatshirt Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory from manufacturers, you can still start an online custom hoodie & sweatshirt store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners to create and sell custom hoodies & sweatshirts online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.