As a brand owner or entrepreneur looking to create a successful clothing line, finding the right manufacturer is essential. The perfect partner can not only help bring your designs to life but also ensure the quality, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness of your products.
In recent years, the “Made in the USA” label has become increasingly popular among consumers who value locally made products for their quality, ethical standards, and environmental impact. Choosing a US-based clothing manufacturer can help your brand tap into this growing demand and create a unique selling proposition.
In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to the 28 best private-label clothing manufacturers across the country, from small-scale specialists to large-scale facilities capable of handling high-volume orders. We’ll also provide insights into each company’s offerings, including services, capabilities, pros & cons, and what sets them apart in the industry.
Whether you’re launching a new brand or looking to scale an existing one, this guide will help you find the perfect manufacturing partner to create high-quality American-made clothing that resonates with your target audience.
Best Private-Label Fashion Clothing Manufacturers In The USA
Here’re the 28 best private-label fashion clothing manufacturers in the USA.
Established in 1988, Bella+Canvas is the best private-label/white-label clothing manufacturer based in Los Angeles, United States.
It offers premium blank t-shirts, tanks, crops, blank hoodies, pants, dresses, blank jogger sets, and plain athleisure wear that can be completely personalized to your needs or made ready for sewing on your branded labels.
The customization options range from patterns, color, stitching, to fabric. The development process includes custom lab dips, tech packs, and development sample approval.
Bella+Canvas owns massive production facilities that use 7x less water than the average garment producer and recycle pretty much everything that can’t be turned into garments.
In addition, Bella+Canvas’s supply chain partners are carefully evaluated based on quality, price, speed, and a shared vision around environmental and social responsibility as well as fair working conditions.
- No minimum for in-stock blank clothes.
- 50% off on up to 7 blank product samples per calendar year (only available to customers with a valid resale certificate).
- Accept credit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- The minimum number of items for custom orders starts at 25,000 units per style/color.
- The development process takes 1-3 weeks and the production times start at 2 weeks.
- Do not ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- You have to contact the company to arrange shipments outside the USA.
Royal Apparel is a leading eco-friendly wholesale fashion manufacturer of private-label apparel located in New York, USA.
Its product line includes men’s & women’s blank polos, tees, sleeveless tops, sweatshirts, bottoms, activewear, and kids’ wear.
Royal Apparel started in the early 90s offering private-label knitwear to luxury stores, national fashion brands, and big retailers. Nowadays, its products are picked by musicians, artists, wellness brands, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 corporations, the tech industry, national parks, museums, breweries, wineries, and restaurants.
- No minimum for in-stock blanks.
- International delivery via FedEx and UPS.
- Free freight shipping on stocked orders over $350 (within the continental US only).
- Approved wholesale accounts can order 7 blank product samples per calendar year at a 15% discount.
- Dropshipping services.
- You can pay with all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- Custom order minimums range from 1200-2400 units, per style and color.
- The lead time is 8-10 weeks from the date your samples are approved.
Founded in 2001, Nikibiki is a leader in private-label American-made women’s/junior’s seamless wear manufacturing, including crop tops, bralettes, camis, tanks, short sleeves, long sleeves, biker shorts, yoga capris, vintage leggings, bodysuits, dresses, and jumpsuits in sizes from standard to plus.
All of its items are crafted in Los Angeles, using super soft & lightweight fabric built on top of a refined production process and a meticulous quality check stage to ensure the highest standard of quality.
The customization services provided by Nikibiki are custom clothing labels, colors, styles, and price tags.
- International delivery.
- Free shipping for online domestic in-stock orders over $500.
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- A minimum of $100 per order and 5 pieces per color for ready-made products.
- A minimum of 50 pieces per style per color for custom/private-label orders.
- The average lead time is about 4-6 weeks.
4. Expert Brand
Expert Brand is one of the best manufacturers of sustainable made-in-USA private-label sportswear & workout clothes, including short-sleeve/long-sleeve shirts, tanks, polos, sports bras, hoodies & sweatshirts, track & training jackets, shorts, pants, and leggings for both adults and children.
It started in 1993 creating technical performance fabric for famous brands. Since then, the company has combined expert engineering and an eco-conscious approach to craft elevated basics that meet the rigorous demands of professional athletes and the armed forces.
- No minimum for in-stock items.
- Free shipping in the continental USA for catalog orders over $500.
- Accept all major credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and Mastercard), PayPal, and Google Pay.
- A minimum of 144 units for custom neck or logo prints on stocked blanks, 1500-3000 units for custom colors, and 3000-5000 units for custom styles.
- If you’re an overseas customer, you will need to arrange your own shipping carrier.
Cotton Heritage features blank garments like short-sleeve t-shirts, long-sleeve t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, fleece pullovers, french terry zip-ups, shorts, and joggers that are available for private-label/custom programs.
It’s a mill-direct & WRAP-certified bulk manufacturer in the USA with warehouses in Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, and Ridgeway VA.
- No minimum for stocked orders.
- Free UPS ground shipping on catalog orders from $250.
- Generous pricing and freight discounts based on order quantity.
- Payment methods include major credit cards, company checks, and COD.
- The minimum for custom orders is 600-1200 pieces.
- Production turnaround times are 90-120 days.
- Need to contact the customer service team to arrange international shipments.
Quality Blank specializes in private-label/white-label men’s streetwear that is produced from custom-made 100% luxury quality cotton fabrics developed sustainably and free from harmful substances and chemicals.
This manufacturer is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Full-service production (DTG, screen printing, embroidery, sublimation, private labeling, and custom designs).
- Accept common credit cards and bank wire transfers.
- The MOQ for wholesale stocked orders is 30 units.
- An MOQ of 60-100 units for custom cut & sew orders.
- Production times are 2-3 weeks.
7. Bomme Studio
Bomme Studio is a manufacturer in the USA, offering full-service development, sourcing, and production for private-label performance wear, swimwear, kids’ clothing, etc.
Its services consist of personalized neck tapes, size labels, care labels, hang tags, patches, laces, plastic or metal aglets, heat-press stones, etc.
The company owns and operates manufacturing sites in California and Mexico, with an additional sourcing office in South Korea to ensure you get competitive costs at the highest quality available.
- Digital marketing agency services, including Shopify website building, product photography/video content, SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, brand coaching, etc.
- Payment can be made through Visa, MasterCard, Affinity Card, American Express, and PayPal.
- For custom production orders, the MOQ is 150 units per style.
- The MOQ for private-label blanks programs is 50 units per style.
- Sample development takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Production takes 10-12 weeks from the time your sample is approved.
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and production house for over 3K emerging designers and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its private-label manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master patternmaker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
9. Indie Source
Indie Source is a full-package manufacturer of private-label knits & woven clothes based in the United States that has been featured on Forbes, VH1, WWD, and BET.
Indie Source helps you source fabric, make patterns, and build samples to achieve your target manufacturing costs. In addition, the company assists brands in marketing and selling their products at scale.
- Worldwide delivery.
- Support creating a high-converting Shopify store, producing high-quality photography, and other growth marketing services.
- Payments via major credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 300 units per style/color.
- Production takes up to 6-8 weeks or a couple of months.
Lefty Production Co is the next leading wholesale apparel manufacturing company based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, USA.
The company provides custom/private-label men’s & women’s & children’s everyday wear, bikinis, athletic clothing, lingerie, and bridal garments.
Lefty Production Co has collaborated with some famous fashion brands like Matthew Williamson, Rosetta Getty, Christian Siriano, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.
When working with Lefty, you’re provided with one-stop OEM/ODM service, from sketching, designing, fabric & trim sourcing, pattern making, branding, virtual 3D sampling, marking & grading, cutting, size testing, to production, laser cutting, and packing.
- Deliver to the USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and France.
- Consulting and website development services.
- Pay with credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 50 pieces.
- Not delivering globally.
Founded in 1947, Apparel Production NY is a highly experienced clothing producer in New York, USA.
With the capabilities of handling the full manufacturing process from initial sketch & design, pattern making, and first sample production to full cutting and sewing, private labeling, and packing/shipping, Apparel Production NY is trusted by high-end fashion labels, such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Cole, etc.
Regarding product selection, the company can manufacture sweaters, dresses, skirts, pants, blouses, shirts, hoodies, joggers, loungewear, sportswear, coats & outerwear, suits, trousers, sportswear, jackets, and swimwear.
- Global shipping.
- Accept bank checks, money orders, cash, and PayPal.
- The minimum is 250 pieces per style in 3 different colors and different sizes.
- 2–3 weeks of production time.
12. ARGYLE Haus
ARGYLE Haus is a US-based design house and manufacturing firm of private-label activewear, intimate wear, outerwear, beach wear, uniforms, and kids’ attires.
Since its launch in 2010, it has been offering one-stop services to 100+ established designers, growth-stage companies, and national brands.
- Services include technical fashion design, research & concept development, fabric & material selection, pattern development, sampling & prototyping, cutting & sewing, private labeling, quality control & evaluation, marketing & promotion, etc.
- Support major credit card payment methods.
- High MOQ (starting from 300 pieces).
13. Affix Apparel
Affix Apparel is a white-label/private-label clothing manufacturer in the USA, with over 10 years of experience serving both small and large fashion brands.
It provides various services, including material sourcing, grading, pattern designing, sampling sizing, cut & sew manufacturing, all-over sublimation printing, screen printing, embroidery, woven labels, satin labels, hang tags, and heat transfer labels.
- Global delivery.
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- A MOQ of 50+ pieces.
- Lead times are between 2-6 weeks.
14. Scott x Scott
Scott x Scott is a family-owned and operated apparel company in the USA, designing and manufacturing for clients such as Urban Outfitters, Levi’s, and Revolve Clothing.
It has launched multiple brands under its umbrella, starting with the menswear line BSCOTT in 2008; followed by the women’s line Sarah Scott; and a bespoke accessory line One of One.
Scott x Scott’s mission is to provide a full package production service from designing and development, to production and private labeling, at a competitive price with virtually no minimums.
- No MOQ.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Long production times.
15. ARI JOGIEL
ARI JOGIEL is a full-package clothing supplier in downtown Los Angeles, offering consulting, graphic design, development, manufacturing, private labeling, and finishing & packaging services.
Currently, it’s working with over 150 brands across the United States, specializing in contemporary, high-end, swimwear, sportswear, and streetwear.
- Additional services like embellishments, marketing assets, product packaging design, etc.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- Minimums start at 150 pieces per style (up to 2 colors and 4 sizes).
- Production takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks.
Tailored Industry is an on-demand manufacturer specializing in private-label knitwear. Its catalog contains over 120 production-ready styles that can be made with your labels. You can also request adjustments to create a custom style.
Tailored Industry is located in New York, United States.
- No MOQs for on-demand services.
- Support Shopify dropshipping.
- Payment via Visa, Mastercard, Affinity cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- On-demand services cost $299-$699/month.
- No-subscription bulk production services require a MOQ of 300+ pieces.
17. Euphoric Colors
Also situated in Los Angeles, USA, Euphoric Colors manufactures custom/private-label swimwear, lingerie, activewear, uniforms, dresses, urban apparel, and textile accessories like tote bags, cushions, pillows, bedsheets, and so on.
The services include consulting, sourcing, pattering making, sampling, cutting & sewing, fabric knitting, dyeing & printing, re-branding, etc.
- Support common credit/debit card payment methods.
- MOQ starts from 300 units per style/color.
- Lead times are 4-8 weeks.
18. InStyle USA
InStyle USA is a private-label fashion apparel producer with over 30 years of experience.
The company offers full-package services, assisting you with design execution, fabric selection, trim selection, first pattern, and all parts of development to get your concept from samples to finished production.
InStyle USA possesses approximately 10,000 square feet of space in New York, with over 60 sewing machines and 2 on-site cutting tables.
- No minimums.
- Pay with checks, cash, most major credit cards, ACH payments, and wire transfers.
- Development generally takes between 2-6 weeks and bulk production takes 4-12 weeks.
Mola is a made-in-USA apparel manufacturing company specializing in private-label/white-label contemporary knit tops and bottoms, including basic tees, tanks, crop tops, hoodies, pullovers, sweatshirts, joggers, sweats, sweat shorts, long sleeves, and raglans.
It offers full-package and semi-package production for all of your company’s needs. Some of its clients are Kondi, Bacabuche, Vetta, Parachute, MATE the Label, etc.
- Free domestic shipping for in-stock blanks on orders over $99.
- Payment methods are Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Shop Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Minimums are 300 pieces per style/100 pieces per color.
- Do not currently manufacture wovens, denim, dress shirts, outerwear, swimwear or heavily constructed garments.
- The lead time is typically 5-8 weeks.
20. LA Speedy
The next private-label bulk fashion clothing manufacturer to check out is LA Speedy.
Its product line contains men’s & women’s t-shirts, sweatpants, gym shorts, crewnecks, and hoodies. They are available for services such as pattern-making, sampling, grading, fabric sourcing, marking, cutting, sewing, trimming, steam pressing, product photography, and clothing printing/embroidery/sublimation.
Having over 20 years of production experience along with a vertically integrated manufacturing factory, LA Speedy is able to provide the newest styles quickly and ensure the quality of products.
- No minimums for stocked items.
- Payment via major credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Meta Pay, and Shop Pay.
- The MOQ for custom orders is 100-5,000 pieces. Any orders below 100 pieces per color & style are subject to a $50 cutting fee.
- The production phase requires at least 10-15 business days.
- Not shipping globally.
21. 9B Apparel
9B Apparel is another private-label clothing manufacturing firm headquartered in the USA.
It operates 2 factories in Los Angeles with a team of pattern makers, grading & marking specialties, sample cutters, and sewers who have over 20 years of experience working with denim & workwear. Examples are chinos, twill/canvas bottoms/jackets, lined jackets, aprons, denim, and selvage denim.
- Payment options are checks, credit cards, money orders, cashier’s checks, and PayPal.
- 250 pcs/style minimum.
22. Hyphen Apparel
Hyphen Apparel has been manufacturing and supplying private-label clothes to licensing companies like Disney, NFL licensing, and Marvel as well as corporate retailers such as Old Navy, Gap, Hot Topic, Torrid, Buckle, and Forever21.
The company has US warehouses and offices in two locations in Los Angeles and Guatemala, offering start-to-finish services from sample making, monitor compliance, administration, production, to delivery.
- Ship globally.
- No minimums for stocked blanks.
- Free domestic delivery on in-stock orders $150+.
- Accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover.
- A minimum quantity of 3,000 pieces per color per style for custom orders.
The Elite Fashion Group is a private-label/white-label apparel manufacturer headquartered in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 5 facilities in the city that focus on a specific category for each of your production needs. Its capacity is 500,000 – 1,000,000 per month.
- Full-package development and production solutions.
- You can pay by major credit/debit cards.
- The minimum order quantity is 250 pieces per style for production.
- Lead times are up to 4-6 weeks.
Avendors is a US-made fashion clothing manufacturer that has clients such as Pangaia, Fear Of God, Vuori, Vince, etc.
As for services, Avendors provides pattern making, sample making, fabric knitting, fabric dying, grading, marking, cutting, production sewing, private labeling, and trimming & packing.
- Global delivery.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- 95-piece minimum.
- The production turnaround time is around 4-6 weeks.
Renaissance Creative Studios is a high-quality private-label garment manufacturer located in Los Angeles, USA.
With expert tailors, sample makers, and production managers under one roof, the company is able to provide clients with transparent access to the end-to-end design development of their line.
- No minimum requirements.
- Free shipping within the United States and Canada for all purchases over $1000.
- Payment via major credit/debit cards.
- Long lead times.
26. Stylus Apparel
The next bulk fashion manufacturer in the US worth looking into is Stylus Apparel.
Operating since 1978, it develops private-label clothes and uniforms with various decoration and creation techniques, such as screen printing, sublimation printing, embroidery, cutting & sewing, and custom woven fabric labels.
- International delivery.
- Accept credit/debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- The minimum starts from 36 pieces.
- The average lead time for sampling and production is between 2-6 weeks.
27. Seam Apparel
Seam Apparel is a private-label clothing wholesale producer in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 10 years of garment production experience and is dedicated to serving both small startups and big brands.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Fabric/material sourcing, sampling, pattern making, sizing, grading, marking, etc.
- Accept all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- The minimum is 50 pieces.
- Long lead times.
28. Steve Apparel
Steve Apparel is a manufacturer of private-label fitness wear and casual wear. Its manufacturing facility is situated in Karachi, Pakistan, while the company is registered in Ohio, United States.
Like many others on the list, Steve Apparel provides one-stop custom production, from fabric selection, prototyping, designing, customization, labeling, finishing, to packaging and shipping.
In addition, before the sample is made, the company will send you a mock-up and tech-pack file, containing all the details about size, color, fabric, measurements, colorways, materials used, packing instructions, and much more.
- Delivering worldwide via DHL, FedEx, and SkyNet.
- Accepted payment methods are debit cards, credit cards, bank transfers, PayPal, and Zelle.
- The MOQ is 50 units.
- Long sampling and production times.
How To Start An Online Private-Label Clothing Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory, you can still start an online private-label/white-label apparel store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners in the USA to create and sell custom products online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.