In the ever-evolving world of fashion, t-shirts remain a classic staple for wardrobes across the globe. As consumers become increasingly conscious of quality and sustainability, working with the best t-shirt manufacturers is an essential step for designers, retailers, and apparel entrepreneurs.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve sifted through the vast landscape of American t-shirt manufacturers to bring you a curated list of the top 21. We’ll also provide insights into each company’s offerings, including services, capabilities, pros & cons, and what sets them apart in the industry.
Best Manufacturers Of Custom T-Shirts In The USA
Here’re the 21 best custom t-shirt manufacturers in the USA.
Established in 1988, Bella+Canvas is the best sustainable clothing manufacturer based in Los Angeles, United States.
It offers premium short-sleeve v-neck t-shirts, long-sleeve baby t-shirts, rib tees, raglan tees, crop tees, boxy t-shirts, flowy muscle tees, slouchy t-shirts, ringer t-shirts, and tank tops that can be completely personalized to your needs or made ready for sewing on your branded labels.
The customization options range from patterns, color, stitching, to fabric. The development process includes custom lab dips, tech packs, and development sample approval.
Bella+Canvas owns massive production facilities that use 7x less water than the average garment producer and recycle pretty much everything that can’t be turned into garments.
In addition, Bella+Canvas’s supply chain partners are carefully evaluated based on quality, price, speed, and a shared vision around environmental and social responsibility as well as fair working conditions.
- No minimum for in-stock blank t-shirts.
- 50% off on up to 7 blank product samples per calendar year (only available to customers with a valid resale certificate).
- Accept credit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- The minimum number of items for custom orders starts at 25,000 units per style/color.
- The development process takes 1-3 weeks and the production times start at 2 weeks.
- Do not ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- You have to contact the company to arrange shipments outside the USA.
2. Royal Apparel
Royal Apparel is a leading eco-friendly wholesale clothing manufacturer of custom men’s/women’s/kids’ t-shirts located in New York, USA.
The company started in the early 90s offering private-label knitwear to luxury stores, national fashion brands, and big retailers. Nowadays, its products are picked by musicians, artists, wellness brands, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 corporations, the tech industry, national parks, museums, breweries, wineries, and restaurants.
Regarding customization options & services, they include colors, patterns, fabrics, pigment dye, labels, screen printing, embroidery, and graphic designs.
- No minimum for in-stock blanks.
- International delivery via FedEx and UPS.
- Free freight shipping on stocked orders over $350 (within the continental US only).
- Approved wholesale accounts can order 7 blank product samples per calendar year at a 15% discount.
- Dropshipping services.
- You can pay with all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- Custom order minimums range from 1200-2400 units, per style and color.
- The lead time is 8-10 weeks from the date your samples are approved.
3. Expert Brand
Expert Brand is one of the best manufacturers of sustainable made-in-USA sports & athletic t-shirts.
It started in 1993 creating technical performance fabric for famous brands. Since then, the company has combined expert engineering and an eco-conscious approach to craft elevated basics that meet the rigorous demands of professional athletes and the armed forces.
- No minimum for in-stock items.
- Free shipping in the continental USA for catalog orders over $500.
- Accept all major credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and Mastercard), PayPal, and Google Pay.
- A minimum of 144 units for custom neck or logo prints on stocked blanks, 1500-3000 units for custom colors, and 3000-5000 units for custom styles.
- If you’re an overseas customer, you will need to arrange your own shipping carrier.
4. Cotton Heritage
Cotton Heritage features short-sleeve t-shirts, long-sleeve t-shirts, and sleeveless shirts that are available for private-label/custom programs.
It’s a mill-direct & WRAP-certified bulk manufacturer in the USA with warehouses in Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, and Ridgeway VA.
- No minimum for stocked orders.
- Free UPS ground shipping on catalog orders from $250.
- Generous pricing and freight discounts based on order quantity.
- Payment methods include major credit cards, company checks, and COD.
- The minimum for custom orders is 600-1200 pieces.
- Production turnaround times are 90-120 days.
- Need to contact the customer service team to arrange international shipments.
5. Quality Blank
Quality Blank specializes in manufacturing and wholesaling oversized box t-shirts that are produced from custom-made 100% luxury quality cotton fabrics developed sustainably and free from harmful substances and chemicals.
This company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Full-service production (DTG, screen printing, embroidery, sublimation, private labeling, and custom designs).
- Accept common credit cards and bank wire transfers.
- The MOQ for wholesale stocked orders is 30 units.
- An MOQ of 60-100 units for custom cut & sew orders.
- Production times are 2-3 weeks.
6. Bomme Studio
Bomme Studio is a clothing manufacturer in the USA, offering full-service development, sourcing, and production for custom t-shirts.
Its services consist of personalized neck tapes, size labels, care labels, hang tags, patches, laces, plastic or metal aglets, heat-press stones, etc.
The company owns and operates manufacturing sites in California and Mexico, with an additional sourcing office in South Korea to ensure you get competitive costs at the highest quality available.
- Digital marketing agency services, including Shopify website building, product photography/video content, SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, brand coaching, etc.
- Payment can be made through Visa, MasterCard, Affinity Card, American Express, and PayPal.
- For custom production orders, the MOQ is 150 units per style.
- The MOQ for private-label blanks programs is 50 units per style.
- Sample development takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Production takes 10-12 weeks from the time your sample is approved.
7. Tailored Industry
Tailored Industry is an on-demand manufacturer specializing in knitted t-shirts. Its catalog contains various production-ready styles that can be made with your labels. You can also request adjustments to create a custom style.
Tailored Industry is located in New York, United States.
- No MOQs for on-demand services.
- Support Shopify dropshipping.
- Payment via Visa, Mastercard, Affinity cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- On-demand services cost $299-$699/month.
- No-subscription bulk production services require a MOQ of 300+ pieces.
8. ARI JOGIEL
ARI JOGIEL is a full-package t-shirt supplier in downtown Los Angeles, offering consulting, graphic design, development, manufacturing, private labeling, and finishing & packaging services.
Currently, it’s working with over 150 brands across the United States.
- Additional services like embellishments, marketing assets, product packaging design, etc.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- Minimums start at 150 pieces per style (up to 2 colors and 4 sizes).
- Production takes anywhere from 6-8 weeks.
9. LA Speedy
The next excellent bulk custom tee manufacturer in the United States to check out is LA Speedy.
Its products are available for services such as pattern-making, sampling, grading, fabric sourcing, marking, cutting, sewing, trimming, steam pressing, product photography, and clothing printing/embroidery/sublimation.
Having over 20 years of production experience along with a vertically integrated manufacturing factory, LA Speedy is able to provide the newest styles quickly and ensure the quality of products.
- No minimums for stocked items.
- Payment via major credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Meta Pay, and Shop Pay.
- The MOQ for custom orders is 100-5,000 pieces. Any orders below 100 pieces per color & style are subject to a $50 cutting fee.
- The production phase requires at least 10-15 business days.
- Not shipping globally.
10. Hyphen Apparel
Hyphen Apparel has been manufacturing and supplying custom/quality blank t-shirts to licensing companies like Disney, NFL licensing, and Marvel as well as corporate retailers such as Old Navy, Gap, Hot Topic, Torrid, Buckle, and Forever21.
The company has US warehouses and offices in two locations in Los Angeles and Guatemala, offering start-to-finish services from sample making, monitor compliance, administration, production, to delivery.
- Ship globally.
- No minimums for stocked blanks.
- Free domestic delivery on in-stock orders $150+.
- Accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover.
- A minimum quantity of 3,000 pieces per color per style for custom orders.
Avendors is a US-made t-shirt manufacturer that works with clients such as Pangaia, Fear Of God, Vuori, Vince, etc.
As for services, Avendors provides pattern making, sample making, fabric knitting, fabric dying, grading, marking, cutting, production sewing, private labeling, and trimming & packing.
- Global delivery.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- 95-piece minimum.
- The production turnaround time is around 4-6 weeks.
12. Indie Source
Indie Source is a full-package manufacturer of custom knits & woven tees based in the United States that has been featured on Forbes, VH1, WWD, and BET.
Indie Source helps you source fabric, make patterns, and build samples to achieve your target manufacturing costs. In addition, the company assists brands in marketing and selling their products at scale.
- Worldwide delivery.
- Supporting you in creating a high-converting Shopify store, producing high-quality photography, and other growth marketing services.
- Payments via major credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 300 units per style/color.
- Production takes up to 6-8 weeks or a couple of months.
13. The Evans Group
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and production house for over 3K emerging designers and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its t-shirt manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master patternmaker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
14. Lefty Production Co
Lefty Production Co is the next leading wholesale t-shirt manufacturing company based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, USA.
It has collaborated with some famous fashion brands like Matthew Williamson, Rosetta Getty, Christian Siriano, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.
When working with Lefty, you’re provided with one-stop OEM/ODM service, from sketching, designing, fabric & trim sourcing, pattern making, branding, virtual 3D sampling, marking & grading, cutting, size testing, to production, laser cutting, and packing.
- Deliver to the USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and France.
- Consulting and website development services.
- Pay with credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 50 pieces.
- Not delivering globally.
15. Affix Apparel
Affix Apparel is a private-label/custom tee manufacturer in the USA, with over 10 years of experience serving both small and large fashion brands.
It provides various services, including material sourcing, grading, pattern designing, sampling sizing, cut & sew manufacturing, all-over sublimation t-shirt printing, screen printing, embroidery, woven labels, satin labels, hang tags, and heat transfer labels.
- Global delivery.
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- A MOQ of 50+ pieces.
- Lead times are between 2-6 weeks.
16. Euphoric Colors
Also situated in Los Angeles, USA, Euphoric Colors manufactures custom t-shirts, swimwear, lingerie, activewear, uniforms, dresses, urban apparel, and textile accessories like tote bags, cushions, pillows, bedsheets, and so on.
The services include consulting, sourcing, pattering making, sampling, cutting & sewing, fabric knitting, dyeing & printing, re-branding, etc.
- Support common credit/debit card payment methods.
- MOQ starts from 300 units per style/color.
- Lead times are 4-8 weeks.
Located in South El Monte, California, USA, StartYourLine has been manufacturing custom t-shirts and clothes for over 20 years.
Besides services like project consulting, design & development, sourcing, screen printing, fabric printing, digital printing, and sublimation printing, this producer also offers additional finishing packages which can include folding, packing, pressing, labeling, hang tags, and boxing.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Minimums start at 300 units per style.
Mola is a made-in-USA clothing manufacturing company specializing in contemporary knit t-shirts.
It offers full-package and semi-package production for all of your company’s needs. Some of its clients are Kondi, Bacabuche, Vetta, Parachute, MATE the Label, etc.
- Free domestic shipping for in-stock blanks on orders over $99.
- Payment methods are Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Shop Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Minimums are 300 pieces per style/100 pieces per color.
- The lead time is typically 5-8 weeks.
19. Seam Apparel
Seam Apparel is a custom t-shirt wholesale producer in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 10 years of garment production experience and is dedicated to serving both small startups and big brands.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Fabric/material sourcing, sampling, pattern making, sizing, grading, marking, etc.
- Accept all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- The minimum is 50 pieces.
- Long lead times.
20. Tokalon Clothing
Tokalon Clothing has strengths in manufacturing yoga & active t-shirts. It possesses offices in the USA and main production sites in Columbia.
Tokalon Clothing has partnered with many large and small brands, such as iFIT, XSport Fitness, 24 Hour Fitness, 29029, etc.
- Services include pattern-making, fabric sourcing, sampling, trimming, decoration, care labeling, custom hang tags, poly bagging, etc.
- Accept all major credit/debit cards.
- The MOQ is 300 pieces per style.
- Lead times start from 9-13 weeks.
21. Steve Apparel
Steve Apparel is a t-shirt supplier with manufacturing facilities in Karachi, Pakistan, while the company is registered in Ohio, United States.
Like many others on the list, Steve Apparel provides one-stop custom production, from fabric selection, prototyping, designing, customization, labeling, finishing, to packaging and shipping.
In addition, before the sample is made, the company will send you a mock-up and tech-pack file, containing all the details about size, color, fabric, measurements, colorways, materials used, packing instructions, and much more.
- Delivering worldwide via DHL, FedEx, and SkyNet.
- Accepted payment methods are debit cards, credit cards, bank transfers, PayPal, and Zelle.
- The MOQ is 50 units.
- Long sampling and production times.
How To Start An Online Custom T-Shirt Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory, you can still start an online private-label/white-label apparel store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners to create and sell custom t-shirts online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.