Nike is the biggest and most lucrative shoe brand with over 100 million loyal customers worldwide and strong growth momentum year over year.
This creates a potential opportunity for entrepreneurs to try reselling Nike shoes & sneakers to make money.
In this post, we’ll answer all of your questions regarding legal issues when selling Nike products, the benefits & drawbacks that come with it, and the 8 best wholesale suppliers to help you quickly stock these items.
Can You Buy Wholesale & Resell Nike Shoes Legally?
It’s possible to purchase wholesale & resell Nike shoes legally. To do that, you have to submit an application to Nike to become an authorized marketplace partner. The application will be evaluated to meet rigorous standards, and the distribution is extremely selective. In addition, only a small number of new Marketplace Partners are appointed each year.
Nike also states that there is no specific business model or distribution requirement for applications. However, you are not allowed to sell Nike products on a digital marketplace such as Amazon or eBay.
Should You Resell Nike Shoes?
In general, we don’t recommend starting your business journey by reselling Nike shoes & sneakers. It’s true that many people love the brand and are willing to pay significantly more for its products. But, the risks and drawbacks outweigh the advantages.
For one thing, it’s tough to convince customers that you sell authentic Nike shoes, and shoppers are more likely to go to the official websites to buy them anyway.
For another, you might not be able to obtain proper authorization to advertise them on Facebook or Google. It would also not be possible for you to expand your sales channels to Amazon, eBay, and other marketplaces.
In 2019, Nike announced that it would stop selling its products on Amazon in an attempt to curb counterfeit sales.
Having said that, there’re many websites like StockX, Foot Action, or FootLocker having wild success by reselling Nike shoes. Therefore, more experienced business owners can still try this niche out.
Best Wholesale Suppliers Of Authentic Nike Shoes & Sneakers
Here’re the 8 best wholesale authentic Nike shoes & sneakers distributors.
BigBuy is the best wholesale genuine Nike shoes & sneakers supplier headquartered in Spain with nearly 10 years of experience in the eCommerce industry.
It has warehouses all over the EU, which allow for urgent shipping to most European and North American countries.
Thanks to volume purchasing, BigBuy can give you access to a variety of products at a very competitive price (up to 70% off compared to retail).
- No minimum order quantity.
- Ship globally within 5-11 days with express couriers like GLS, DHL, UPS, TNT, etc.
- 24/48 hours processing times.
- Support consolidated shipping.
- The catalog is translated into 24 European languages.
- Dropshipping solution with the capability to integrate with Shopify, Amazon, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Wix, eBay, Magento, and 200+ marketplaces and real-time synchronization for the catalog, stock, orders, and tracking.
- Prebuilt Shopify dropshipping store service filled with BigBuy’s products and equipped with blogs.
- Accept Paypal and credit/debit cards.
- A registration fee of €45 to start buying wholesale.
- Fairly high shipping costs to countries outside of the EU.
Launched in 2009, BrandsDistribution is a leading luxury fashion wholesaler located in Italy EU.
It carries Nike Revolution sneakers, Nike Air Zoom Vomero, Nike Venture Runner, Nike Air Max Excee, and Nike Air Huarache Crater along with shoes from other top premium brands like Adidas, Bikkembergs, Ellesse, etc.
BrandsDistribution is among Italian companies with high growth potential identified by the London Stock Exchange Group.
- Ship within 5-10 days to 170+ countries and territories via DHL, FedEx, Poste Italiane, and Boxberry.
- Discounts on high purchase volumes.
- Dedicated sales assistance.
- Exclusive distribution solutions to help you become the only distributor in your country for a specific brand.
- Support blind dropshipping (integration with Wix, PrestaShop, Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, Ecwid, Amazon, and eBay).
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, wire transfers, PayPal, and Klarna.
- The minimum order for customers within the EU/US is €500 and for customers outside those regions is €1,000.
Griffati is the next great website to purchase authentic women’s & men’s Nike shoes and sneakers in bulk. Besides, it also wholesales branded clothes, designer handbags, luxury watches, and premium fashion accessories.
All items are carefully selected and quality-checked with the aim to create a long-term and solid relationship with customers.
In total, Griffati offers 300+ Italian & international high-end brands to serve over 10 major distributors and more than 150K registered retailers worldwide.
- Ship to Italy within 2-3 working days, EU within 3-6 days, and other countries within 10 days.
- Up to 50%-80% discounts off the retail price.
- Product descriptions in 24 languages.
- Multilingual customer service, product consulting, and technical assistance.
- Prestashop, Woocommerce, Magento, and Shopify dropshipping apps.
- Accept credit cards, bank transfers, MyBank, PayPal, and Klarna.
- The minimum order amount is €500.
BrandsGateway is another reliable wholesale supplier of original Nike shoes in the EU.
It was founded in 2017 and now has warehouses in Sweden, Germany, Italy, the UK, and the USA to cater to thousands of clients, including brick-and-mortar stores, small retailers, pop-up shops, and online boutiques.
- Ship within 3-10 days to Europe and 15 days to North America and Asia via UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Discounts up to 85%.
- Delivery fees start only at €15 for economy shipping and €35 for express shipping.
- All products come with their original tags. Some of the items will have dustbags, boxes, and authenticity cards included.
- Dedicated account managers to help you select the wholesale products and brands that are right for your business.
- Luxury item dropshipping services with one-click order fulfillment, high-quality product photos, marketing guides, and the ability to connect to Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, and Shift4Shop.
- Premade Shopify dropshipping store solutions.
- Accept bank transfers and Paypal.
- The MOQ for wholesale orders is €1000.
- Not providing a wide range of Nike shoes.
Merkandi is an international wholesale trading platform to find liquidation stock Nike shoes & sneakers, overstocks, excess stocks, bankrupt stocks, and customer returns from various third-party brokers.
Currently, it has over 75K users from over 150+ countries worldwide.
- Payment options include Paypal, major credit/debit cards, and wire transfers.
- High minimum order requirement.
- Usually high shipping fees to countries outside the EU.
Low Low Wholesale Distributors offers a large selection of Jordan sneakers and Nike Dunk shoes.
This company is based in New York City, United States.
- Deliver within 5-7 days throughout the USA.
- Only accepting cash option payments (Cash App, Zelle, and Apple Pay).
- The minimum order quantity is 12 pairs.
- Not shipping outside the US.
Big Brand Wholesale is a cheap vendor supplying genuine Nike sneakers located in Michigan, USA.
- Ship within 4-10 days in the US.
- Free domestic delivery.
- Accept Pay Pal, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and more.
- The minimum is 27 pairs.
- Not all shoes are in good condition.
- High international shipping costs.
The final place to purchase original Nike shoes & sneakers in bulk for resale is the official Nike website itself.
As we have mentioned, Nike allows you to become an authorized distributor of the brand by submitting an application detailing all of your business information, location, business model, valid wholesale license issued through your local government, etc.
- The most authentic way to wholesale Nike products without worrying about legal issues.
- Strict application processes.
How To Start Selling Nike Shoes Online Without Buying Wholesale
If you don’t have a lot of cash beforehand to buy items in bulk, you can still start an online store selling authentic Nike shoes & sneakers by leveraging a business model called “dropshipping.”
It works like this: When someone purchases something from your shop, you send the order information to third-party suppliers who then help you pack and ship the products directly to the customers. This essentially removes you from the need to keep items in stock, and you only have to take care of the marketing parts of your business.
To learn more about this topic, check out our comprehensive guide to starting a profitable dropshipping business and the best Nike shoe dropshipping suppliers.