With the rise of digitization, you might be wondering whether it’s still profitable to sell print-on-demand calendars?
In this post, we’ll try to break down the global market and demand for this niche. We’ll also show you the best print-on-demand companies to create custom calendars and start dropshipping them successfully.
Are Calendars A Good Print-On-Demand Niche?
As shown by ResearchReportsWorld, the global wall calendar market is anticipated to grow from $180.4M in 2020 to $220.4M in 2027, registering a CAGR of 3.4%. Despite the rise of digital calendars, traditional calendars remain popular because they combine aesthetics with utility, as stated by Jerome Hoxton – president of Tru Art Advertising Calendars. Hence, calendars are a print-on-demand niche worth trying out.
A study from JuniorDavis comparing calendar usage between the past and recent years also shows that not too much has changed in the demand for traditional calendars.
On Google, the search volumes for calendar-related keywords are consistently high, proving the huge demand for this print-on-demand dropshipping niche. For example, “wall calendars” has 12,100 searches/month in the US alone, and the number for “desk calendars” is the same.
Best Calendar Print-on-Demand Companies
Here’re the 10 best print-on-demand companies for custom desk & wall calendars.
Printify is our first recommendation to create and sell print-on-demand wall & desk calendars on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Shopify, and other eCommerce & dropshipping platforms.
It’s launched in 2015 and now connects you with a printing network in over 100 locations capable of fulfilling 10K products daily.
Besides calendars, Printify also provides you with other 300+ custom products in fashion clothing, face masks, phone cases, mousepads, bags, print-on-demand stickers, journals & notebooks, pet supplies, ornaments, etc.
- Worldwide blind dropshipping within 15 business days via USPS, FedEx, DPD, UPS, DHL, Royal Mail, and more.
- Good merchant protection policies (Reprint and refund if the received product is printed incorrectly, damaged or in a bad quality).
- Process orders with Paypal and credit cards.
- Can integrate directly with eBay, Shopify, Esty, WooCommerce, Wix, BigCommerce, PrestaShop, and more.
- Production can take up to 7 business days.
- No custom packaging.
- Calendar Prices: From $28.
- Shipping Costs: From $11.99.
- Subscription Fees: Free to use. You can also upgrade to the $24.99/month Premium plan to get up to 20% discounts on all products.
Gelato is a wall calendar print-on-demand company with 100+ print partners in over 33 countries. As a result, nearly 90% of its orders are made locally and seamlessly distributed to customers anywhere in the world in the shortest possible time.
Over 10 years of existence, Gelato has fulfilled as many as 10M orders with 99.9% uptime.
- Fast delivery to over 200 countries and territories within 4-15 days.
- 5%-16% discounts based on your monthly sales.
- Help you navigate customs, cross-border invoicing, tax and vat issues.
- Process orders with Paypal, credit cards, and Gelato Wallets.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy, Squarespace, Wix, and other platforms via API.
- It might take Gelato 2-6 business days to print products.
- No custom labels and packages.
- Calendar Prices: From $9.07.
- Shipping Costs: From $6.05 for the first calendar and $2.33 for each additional one.
- Subscription Fees: It’s free to start a dropshipping business with Gelato.
Gooten is a calendar & merch supplier headquartered in the USA, having manufactured and delivered 4M+ high-quality print-on-demand items with less than a 2% error rate and 95% ship-on-time rate.
The wall calendars on this website are made with matte-finished, eggshell white 120lb paper, and each blank page can be completely customized with the dates and photos of your choice.
Apart from partnering with domestic distribution centers, Gooten also collaborates with a few international manufacturers to expedite delivery and lower the shipping costs for foreign customers.
- Global shipping within 4-30 days via UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS.
- VIP benefits for merchants doing high volume.
- Payment methods include Paypal and credit/debit cards.
- Integrations with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Etsy.
- The production time is 3-9 business days.
- Doesn’t provide custom inserts or personalized packages.
- Calendar Prices: Starting from $11.90.
- Shipping Costs: From $10.
- Subscription Fees: You can start dropshipping for free from Gooten.
The next reliable & fast print-on-demand service for desk & wall calendars that can integrate directly with Shopify is Contrado.
Since its inception in London England in 2002, it’s been dedicated to building a supportive community that celebrates and empowers artists to create functional pieces.
Contrado also commits to being an eco-friendly printing company by using little water in the manufacturing process and ensuring that ink waste is disposed of properly so nothing leaks into the environment.
- Most international shipments take 3-15 business days to arrive (via FedEx, DHL, UPS, and TNT).
- Dispatch orders within 1-3 days.
- 20%-40% off on wholesale orders.
- Support adding custom labels and dispatch notes.
- Accept Paypal and credit/debit cards.
- Compatible with Shopify.
- No personalized packages.
- Calendar Prices: From $39.
- Shipping Costs: From $9.75.
- Subscription Fees: It’s free to start dropshipping calendars from Contrado.
DropshipCN is a cheap calendar print-on-demand dropshipping company with free worldwide shipping located in China.
Having been around for 10 years, it now owns 3 factories with over 150 employees to ensure short turnaround times for all merchants.
- Free worldwide dropshipping within 2-10 days via FedEx, Standard Airmail, and Flat Rate Airmail.
- Custom packaging with your brand name and logo.
- Pay with Paypal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and other major credit cards.
- Connect with Shopify.
- Lead times are 3-5 business days.
- Shipping delays might happen.
- Calendar Prices: From $9.59.
- Shipping Costs: Free.
- Subscription Fees: This Chinese print-on-demand supplier is available for free. However, you can upgrade to the $19.99/month Enterprise plan to enjoy 20% discounts on all items and access special features.
VistaPrint is another cheap print-on-demand company for custom wall & desk calendars. It’s part of Cimpress – an international pioneer of mass customization and production with manufacturing facilities throughout Europe, North and South America, India, Australia, Philippines, China, and Japan.
VistaPrint commits to helping small business owners create expertly designed and up-to-date custom marketing products that look consistent and professional whether they operate in-store, online, on-site, or on the go.
- Fast processing.
- Support custom dropshipping branding solutions.
- Accept Paypal, major credit/debit cards, money orders, and checks.
- Only deliver to Canada, United States, and Puerto Rico.
- No direct integrations with eCommerce platforms.
- Calendar Prices: From $2.99.
- Shipping Costs: From $5.99.
- Subscription Fees: Free. You can also upgrade to the $74.99/year plan to receive up to 40% discounts on all products.
SuperiorPOD is an affordable custom photo calendar print-on-demand publisher family-owned and operated in the US.
It begin printing in 2007 and has now seen incredible growth with notable clients like Google, Roku, Comcast, Catalyst Games, and more.
- International delivery within 30 days.
- Lots of unique print-on-demand products (card decks, game boards, game tokens, etc).
- Pay with major credit cards.
- No dropshipping app. However, you can grant SuperiorPOD partial access to your selling platform, and it can help you manage orders on your behalf.
- No personalized branding options.
- Long processing times and shipping delays might occur.
- Calendar Prices: From $18.99.
- Shipping Costs: From $11.
- Subscription Fees: None.
BayPhoto is one of the highest-quality print-on-demand suppliers of custom calendars and other photo-related products like books, cards, CD/DVD cases, metal prints, wall displays, and photographic albums.
The company was founded in 1976 in California USA with the purpose of providing professional photographers with the finest possible services with personal attention to detail and a wide range of products.
- Fast shipping around the world via UPS, FedEx, and US Mail.
- Print calendars within 1-2 days.
- Powerful and intuitive design tools.
- Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- No dropshipping tools.
- No personalized labeling and packaging.
- Calendar Prices: From $10.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from $6. Free shipping within the US for small orders.
- Subscription Fees: Free.
SmartPress is an employee-owned calendar print-on-demand provider under The Bernard Group – a stellar reputation providing print services for some of the most prestigious brands in the world.
Today, it operates 6 robust facilities totaling 545K sq ft with 600+ co-owners.
- Fast processing and international shipping (within 7 days to most US regions).
- Premium quality products.
- Excellent customer service.
- Prebuilt storefronts and managed services.
- Payment options are Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- No personalized branding solutions.
- Calendar Prices: From $35.25.
- Shipping Costs: From $10.
- Subscription Fees: No.
PrintSafari is a USA print-on-demand company established in 2007, specializing in producing personalized promotional goods like calendars, catalogs, banners, brochures, flyers, business cards, event tickets, etc.
On here, you can find saddle stitch, wire-o, and pocket calendars that come in 10 different sizes and can be printed in full color.
- Free sample kits.
- Support Paypal and major credit/debit cards.
- Require a minimum order quantity (10 units for wall & desk calendars and 100 for pocket calendars).
- Doesn’t have a dropshipping app.
- No personalized branding services.
- Long turnaround times on some products.
- Only ship to the 48 US mainland states, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, and Austria.
- Calendar Prices: From $89.
- Shipping Costs: From $15.
- Subscription Fees: No.
Despite the age of digitization, customers and businesses still show a great interest in traditional wall & desk calendars. Therefore, they’re still a good print-on-demand niche that’s worth a try.
The main benefit when dropshipping calendars is that there’s not much competition going on. However, it’s difficult to dropship them with a considerable profit margin since most shoppers have a rough idea of how much they should cost.
Hence, besides advertising, it’s a good idea to focus on free traffic sources like social media accounts, email marketing, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
For more information on those topics, check out our complete dropshipping checklist.