The USA women’s wear market is a thriving and competitive space, with Statista reporting a staggering market size of $179.70 billion.
As consumer preferences continue to evolve towards sustainable, locally sourced, and high-quality options, the importance of finding a reliable and trustworthy domestic female fashion manufacturing partner cannot be overstated.
In this blog post, we’ve handpicked the top 32 women’s clothing manufacturers in the United States to help you navigate this dynamic market and find the perfect match for your brand’s needs and values. We’ll also provide insights into each company’s offerings, including services, capabilities, pros & cons, and what sets them apart in the industry.
Best Manufacturers Of Custom Women’s Clothes In The USA
Here’re the 32 best custom women’s clothing manufacturers in the United States.
Founded in 2001, Nikibiki is a leader in custom American-made women’s/junior’s seamless wear manufacturing, including crop tops, bralettes, camis, tanks, short sleeves, long sleeves, biker shorts, yoga capris, vintage leggings, bodysuits, dresses, and jumpsuits in sizes from standard to plus.
All of its items are crafted in Los Angeles, using super soft & lightweight fabric built on top of a refined production process and a meticulous quality check stage to ensure the highest standard of quality.
The customization services provided by Nikibiki are custom clothing labels, colors, styles, and price tags.
- International delivery.
- Free shipping for online domestic in-stock orders over $500.
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- A minimum of $100 per order and 5 pieces per color for ready-made products.
- A minimum of 50 pieces per style per color for custom/private-label orders.
- The average lead time is about 4-6 weeks.
Established in 1988, Bella+Canvas is one of the best sustainable women’s clothing manufacturers based in Los Angeles, United States.
It offers premium female t-shirts, tank tops, crop tops, sweatshirts & hoodies, pants, dresses, streetwear, and activewear that can be completely personalized to your needs or made ready for sewing on your branded labels.
The customization options range from patterns, color, stitching, to fabric. The development process includes custom lab dips, tech packs, and development sample approval.
Bella+Canvas owns massive production facilities that use 7x less water than the average garment producer and recycle pretty much everything that can’t be turned into garments.
In addition, Bella+Canvas’ supply chain partners are carefully evaluated based on quality, price, speed, and a shared vision around environmental and social responsibility as well as fair working conditions.
- No minimum for in-stock blank clothes.
- 50% off on up to 7 blank product samples per calendar year (only available to customers with a valid resale certificate).
- Accept credit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- The minimum number of items for custom orders starts at 25,000 units per style/color.
- The development process takes 1-3 weeks and the production times start at 2 weeks.
- Do not ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- You have to contact the company to arrange shipments outside the USA.
Royal Apparel is a leading eco-friendly women’s apparel manufacturer located in New York, USA.
Its product line includes imprintable tees, blank polos, sleeveless tops, plain sweatshirts, blank sweatsuits, and athleisure wear made from eco triblend fabrics, organic cotton, hemp viscose, bamboo viscose, etc.
Royal Apparel started in the early 90s offering private-label knitwear to luxury stores, national fashion brands, and big retailers. Nowadays, its products are picked by musicians, artists, wellness brands, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 corporations, the tech industry, national parks, museums, breweries, wineries, and restaurants.
- No minimum for in-stock blanks.
- International delivery via FedEx and UPS.
- Free freight shipping on stocked orders over $350 (within the continental US only).
- Approved wholesale accounts can order 7 blank product samples per calendar year at a 15% discount.
- Womenswear dropshipping services.
- You can pay with all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- Custom order minimums range from 1200-2400 units, per style and color.
- The lead time is 8-10 weeks from the date your samples are approved.
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and production house for over 3K emerging designers and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its women’s wear manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master patternmaker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
5. ARGYLE Haus
ARGYLE Haus is a US-based design house and manufacturing firm of aesthetics women’s fashion clothes, activewear, intimate wear, outerwear, beach wear, and uniforms.
Since its launch in 2010, it has been offering one-stop services to 100+ established designers, growth-stage companies, and national brands.
- Services include technical fashion design, research & concept development, fabric & material selection, pattern development, sampling & prototyping, cutting & sewing, private labeling, quality control & evaluation, marketing & promotion, etc.
- Support major credit card payment methods.
- High MOQ (starting from 300 pieces).
Lefty Production Co is the next leading wholesale fashion manufacturing company based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, USA.
The company provides custom/private-label women’s everyday wear, bikinis, athletic clothing, lingerie, and bridal garments.
Lefty Production Co has collaborated with some famous fashion brands like Matthew Williamson, Rosetta Getty, Christian Siriano, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.
When working with Lefty, you’re provided with one-stop OEM/ODM service, from sketching, designing, fabric & trim sourcing, pattern making, branding, virtual 3D sampling, marking & grading, cutting, size testing, to production, laser cutting, and packing.
- Deliver to the USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and France.
- Consulting and website development services.
- Pay with credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 50 pieces.
- Not delivering globally.
Scott x Scott is a family-owned and operated female apparel supplier in the USA, designing and manufacturing for clients such as Urban Outfitters, Levi’s, and Revolve Clothing.
It has launched multiple brands under its umbrella, starting with the menswear line BSCOTT in 2008; followed by the women’s line Sarah Scott; and a bespoke accessory line One of One.
Scott x Scott’s mission is to provide a full package production service from designing and development, to production and private labeling, at a competitive price with virtually no minimums.
- No MOQ.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Long production times.
8. Bomme Studio
Bomme Studio is a US-based manufacturer offering full-service development, sourcing, and production for custom women’s activewear, swimwear, evening wear, etc.
Its services consist of personalized neck tapes, size labels, care labels, hang tags, patches, laces, plastic or metal aglets, heat-press stones, etc.
The company owns and operates manufacturing sites in California and Mexico, with an additional sourcing office in South Korea to ensure you get competitive costs at the highest quality available.
- Digital marketing agency services, including Shopify website building, product photography/video content, SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, brand coaching, etc.
- Payment can be made through Visa, MasterCard, Affinity Card, American Express, and PayPal.
- For custom production orders, the MOQ is 150 units per style.
- The MOQ for private-label blanks programs is 50 units per style.
- Sample development takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Production takes 10-12 weeks from the time your sample is approved.
Tailored Industry is an on-demand manufacturer specializing in women’s knitwear. Its catalog contains various production-ready styles that can be made with your labels. You can also request adjustments to create a custom style.
Tailored Industry is located in New York, United States.
- No MOQs for on-demand services.
- Support Shopify dropshipping.
- Payment via Visa, Mastercard, Affinity cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- On-demand services cost $299-$699/month.
- No-subscription bulk production services require a MOQ of 300+ pieces.
10. Hyphen Apparel
Hyphen Apparel has been manufacturing and supplying custom women’s fashion clothes to licensing companies like Disney, NFL licensing, and Marvel as well as corporate retailers such as Old Navy, Gap, Hot Topic, Torrid, Buckle, and Forever21.
The company has US warehouses and offices in two locations in Los Angeles and Guatemala, offering start-to-finish services from sample making, monitor compliance, administration, production, to delivery.
- Ship globally.
- No minimums for stocked blanks.
- Free domestic delivery on in-stock orders $150+.
- Accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover.
- A minimum quantity of 3,000 pieces per color per style for custom orders.
11. Expert Brand
Expert Brand is one of the best clothing manufacturers of sustainable made-in-USA sportswear & athletic apparel for women, including short-sleeve/long-sleeve shirts, tanks, crops, hoodies & sweatshirts, cardigans, etc.
It started in 1993 creating technical performance fabric for famous brands. Since then, the company has combined expert engineering and an eco-conscious approach to craft elevated basics that meet the rigorous demands of professional athletes and the armed forces.
- No minimum for in-stock items.
- Free shipping in the continental USA for catalog orders over $500.
- Accept all major credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and Mastercard), PayPal, and Google Pay.
- A minimum of 144 units for custom neck or logo prints on stocked blanks, 1500-3000 units for custom colors, and 3000-5000 units for custom styles.
- If you’re an overseas customer, you will need to arrange your own shipping carrier.
12. LA Speedy
The next bulk women’s clothing manufacturer in the United States to check out is LA Speedy.
Its product line contains t-shirts, sweatpants, gym shorts, crewnecks, and hoodies. They are available for services such as pattern-making, sampling, grading, fabric sourcing, marking, cutting, sewing, trimming, steam pressing, product photography, and printing/embroidery/sublimation.
Having over 20 years of production experience along with a vertically integrated manufacturing factory, LA Speedy is able to provide the newest styles quickly and ensure the quality of products.
- No minimums for stocked items.
- Payment via major credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Meta Pay, and Shop Pay.
- The MOQ for custom orders is 100-5,000 pieces. Any orders below 100 pieces per color & style are subject to a $50 cutting fee.
- The production phase requires at least 10-15 business days.
- Not shipping globally.
Based in Los Angeles, USA, West Coast Blends is an excellent full-package manufacturer of female clothes made from 100% cotton and 0% synthetic fibers.
It provides custom style & color programs, personalized dyes & washes, printing & embroidery, private labeling, etc.
With a focus on quality and longevity in mind, the company uses the strongest stitch types along with strategically placed details and bar tacks.
- No MOQs for in-stock blanks.
- Ship timely throughout North America.
- Pay by common credit/debit cards.
- Minimum quantities for custom orders start at 500 pieces per style/color and a minimum of 1000 pieces per production run.
- Lead times start at 2 weeks.
- Doesn’t deliver globally.
14. Cotton Heritage
Cotton Heritage features blank garments for women like short-sleeve t-shirts, long-sleeve t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, fleece pullovers, french terry zip-ups, shorts, and joggers that are available for private-label/custom programs.
It’s a mill-direct & WRAP-certified bulk manufacturer in the USA with warehouses in Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, and Ridgeway VA.
- No minimum for stocked orders.
- Free UPS ground shipping on catalog orders from $250.
- Generous pricing and freight discounts based on order quantity.
- Payment methods include major credit cards, company checks, and COD.
- The minimum for custom orders is 600-1200 pieces.
- Production turnaround times are 90-120 days.
- Need to contact the customer service team to arrange international shipments.
Renaissance Creative Studios is a high-quality & luxury womenswear manufacturer located in Los Angeles, USA.
With expert tailors, sample makers, and production managers under one roof, the company is able to provide clients with transparent access to the end-to-end design development of their line.
- No minimum requirements.
- Free shipping within the United States and Canada for all purchases over $1000.
- Payment via major credit/debit cards.
- Long lead times.
16. The Good Tee
Established in 2020 in the United States, The Good Tee is dedicated to becoming an eco-friendly & organic fair trade cotton women’s clothing manufacturing company that supports farmers and connects fashion brands, designers, and customers together by managing the entire production process and supply chain.
Currently, it provides batwing tees, crewnecks, pocket t-shirts, boxy tunics, pullovers, biker shorts, midi dresses, yoga pants, joggers, and more.
- Blind dropshipping services.
- Accept credit cards or 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks via Sezzle.
- MOQs for custom products start 250 pieces.
- Only shipping to the USA and within Canada.
Avendors is a US-made women’s & ladies’ apparel manufacturer that works with clients such as Pangaia, Fear Of God, Vuori, Vince, etc.
As for services, Avendors provides pattern making, sample making, fabric knitting, fabric dying, grading, marking, cutting, production sewing, private labeling, and trimming & packing.
- Global delivery.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- 95-piece minimum.
- The production turnaround time is around 4-6 weeks.
Lane Seven Apparel specializes in manufacturing women’s fleece hooded sweatshirts & sweatpants with a 3-end knit, which makes the surface area easier to screen print on.
Its services include sourcing fabrications, screen printing, embroidery, custom colors, trims, and labeling & packaging.
Lane Seven Apparel is based in Irwindale, California, United States, with over 30 years of production experience.
- No minimums for blanks.
- Worldwide delivery.
- Accept payments through all major credit cards, wire transfers, and business checks.
- Requiring a MOQ for custom orders.
- Long lead times.
19. Indie Source
Headquartered in the United States, Indie Source is a full-package manufacturer of custom women’s knits & woven clothes that has been featured on Forbes, VH1, WWD, and BET.
Indie Source helps you source fabric, make patterns, and build samples to achieve your target manufacturing costs. In addition, the company assists brands in marketing and selling their products at scale.
- Worldwide delivery.
- Support creating a high-converting Shopify store, producing high-quality photography, and other growth marketing services.
- Payments via major credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 300 units per style/color.
- Production takes up to 6-8 weeks or a couple of months.
Founded in 1947, Apparel Production NY is a highly experienced womenswear producer in New York, United States.
With the capabilities of handling the full manufacturing process from initial sketch & design, pattern making, and first sample production to full cutting and sewing, private labeling, and packing/shipping, Apparel Production NY is trusted by high-end fashion labels, such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Cole, etc.
Regarding product selection, the company can manufacture sweaters, dresses, skirts, pants, blouses, shirts, hoodies, joggers, loungewear, sportswear, coats & outerwear, suits, trousers, sportswear, jackets, and swimwear.
- Global shipping.
- Accept bank checks, money orders, cash, and PayPal.
- The minimum is 250 pieces per style in 3 different colors and different sizes.
- 2–3 weeks of production time.
21. InStyle USA
InStyle USA is a custom & private-label fashion apparel producer for womenswear with over 30 years of experience.
The company offers full-package services, assisting you with design execution, fabric selection, trim selection, first pattern, and all parts of development to get your concept from samples to finished production.
InStyle USA possesses approximately 10,000 square feet of space in New York, with over 60 sewing machines and 2 on-site cutting tables.
- No minimums.
- Pay with checks, cash, most major credit cards, ACH payments, and wire transfers.
- Development generally takes between 2-6 weeks and bulk production takes 4-12 weeks.
Located in South El Monte, California, USA, StartYourLine has been manufacturing custom female clothes for over 20 years.
Besides services like project consulting, design & development, sourcing, screen printing, fabric printing, digital printing, and sublimation printing, this producer also offers additional finishing packages which can include folding, packing, pressing, labeling, hang tags, and boxing.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Minimums start at 300 units per style.
Mola is a made-in-USA women’s apparel manufacturing company specializing in contemporary knit tops and bottoms, including basic tees, tanks, crop tops, hoodies, pullovers, sweatshirts, joggers, sweats, sweat shorts, long sleeves, and raglans.
It offers full-package and semi-package production for all of your company’s needs. Some of its clients are Kondi, Bacabuche, Vetta, Parachute, MATE the Label, etc.
- Free domestic shipping for in-stock blanks on orders over $99.
- Payment methods are Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Shop Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Minimums are 300 pieces per style/100 pieces per color.
- Do not currently manufacture wovens, denim, dress shirts, outerwear, swimwear or heavily constructed garments.
- The lead time is typically 5-8 weeks.
Silkhands possesses over 20 years of experience in women’s fashion development and production.
This manufacturer is also situated in Los Angeles, USA.
- Services range from creating patterns, samples, cutting, grading & marker, to production orders.
- Support common credit/debit cards.
- The standard production lead time is 4-8 weeks.
Patterns World Inc has been specializing in women’s fashion pattern making and manufacturing services in the garment district of Los Angeles USA for over 30 years.
It has collaborated with famous celebrities such as Cindy Crawford, Kim Kardashian, Kelly Osbourne, and many other A-List celebrities.
- Full-package apparel development services.
- Credit/debit card payment accepted.
- The minimum is 50 units.
LA Fashion Source is yet another manufacturer located in Los Angeles, United States.
It has over 12 years of experience in the industry, now capable of producing women’s dresses, denim, athleisure, and more.
- Offering services in both the developmental and production phases (design, fabric sourcing, pattern & sample making, grading, garment making, and packaging).
- Payment via common card options.
- Having an MOQ.
27. Massing Group
Massing Group is a full-service and fully vertical factory in the US with a focus on contemporary and higher-level designed female fashion clothes.
It works with both emerging designers and major brands to develop fabrics, washes, and innovative approaches to their garments.
- Development, pre-production, production, and business strategy services.
- Accept major credit/debit card payments.
- The minimum is 300 units.
28. POD Group NYC
POD Group NYC is the next wholesale women’s garment manufacturer in New York, USA. Its clients consist of Nanette Lepore, Anna Sui, Hatch Collection, BCBG, Bebe, etc.
The company offers full services from concept ideation, fabric sourcing, sample making to final production.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Accept major credit/debit card payments.
- Requiring an MOQ.
Beautiful Connection Group is a professional manufacturing partner of custom women’s fashion clothes like coats, jackets, tops, and dresses.
It’s located in New York, USA.
- Accept payments via credit cards, checks, wire transfers, Zelle, and PayPal.
- The MOQ is 120 pieces for each style.
- 1-2 months to produce bulk goods.
30. Affix Apparel
Affix Apparel is a custom/private-label ladies’ clothing manufacturer in the USA, with over 10 years of experience serving both small and large fashion brands.
It provides various services, including material sourcing, grading, pattern designing, sampling sizing, cut & sew manufacturing, all-over sublimation printing, screen printing, embroidery, woven labels, satin labels, hang tags, and heat transfer labels.
- Global delivery.
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- A MOQ of 50+ pieces.
- Lead times are between 2-6 weeks.
31. Euphoric Colors
Also situated in Los Angeles, USA, Euphoric Colors manufactures custom women’s swimwear, lingerie, activewear, uniforms, dresses, urban apparel, and textile accessories like tote bags, cushions, pillows, bedsheets, and so on.
The services include consulting, sourcing, pattering making, sampling, cutting & sewing, fabric knitting, dyeing & printing, re-branding, etc.
- Support common credit/debit card payment methods.
- MOQ starts from 300 units per style/color.
- Lead times are 4-8 weeks.
32. Seam Apparel
Seam Apparel is a women’s wear wholesale producer in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 10 years of garment production experience and is dedicated to serving both small startups and big brands.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Fabric/material sourcing, sampling, pattern making, sizing, grading, marking, etc.
- Accept all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- The minimum is 50 pieces.
- Long lead times.
How To Start An Online Custom Women’s Clothing Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory, you can still start an online custom women’s apparel store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners to create and sell custom clothes online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.