In recent years, the demand for high-quality, ethically-made, and locally-sourced clothing has been on the rise. This trend has led to a resurgence of American-made garments, with an emphasis on craftsmanship and sustainability.
Sweaters, in particular, are a timeless staple that never go out of style, and finding the perfect manufacturing partner is crucial for businesses looking to bring their designs to life.
In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to the 9 best sweater manufacturers in the USA. Whether you’re an established brand or an emerging designer, these companies offer a range of services to help you create the perfect products for your customers.
Best Manufacturers Of Custom Sweaters In The USA
Here’re the 9 best custom sweater manufacturers in the United States.
Tailored Industry is the best on-demand sweater manufacturer located in New York, United States.
They can be made with your own labels. You can also request adjustments to create a custom style.
- No MOQs for on-demand services.
- Personalized packaging materials.
- Support Shopify print-on-demand dropshipping.
- Payment via Visa, Mastercard, Affinity cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- On-demand services cost $299-$699/month.
- No-subscription bulk production services require a MOQ of 300+ pieces.
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and small-batch production house for over 3K emerging designers, startups, and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its sweater manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master pattern maker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
Beautiful Connection Group is a professional private-label clothing manufacturing partner for custom sweaters as well as t-shirts, hoodies, dresses, leggings, pants, joggers, shorts, swimwear, streetwear, activewear, etc.
This company is located in New York, USA.
- Accept payments via credit cards, checks, wire transfers, Zelle, and PayPal.
- The MOQ is 120 pieces for each style.
- 1-2 months to produce bulk goods.
Also based in New York, USA, Knit Illustrated is dedicated to providing established and emerging designers with a trusted domestic manufacturing option in the creation of their knitted sweaters.
Its services include on-site swatch development, full fashion knit sample making, knit consulting, fast-track domestic production, and scalable domestic and overseas production.
- No MOQ.
- Accept major credit & debit cards.
- Production takes 8 – 12 weeks.
5. Luxury Knit
Luxury Knit was established in 1981 in Los Angeles, California, USA as a fabric converter and has evolved into a reliable custom sweater producer.
Speaking of services, Luxury Knit offers development consultation, full-package manufacturing, pattern development, project management, sample development, specialty fabrics, graphic design, web development, SEO, and brand marketing.
- Pay by Visa, Mastercard, etc.
- Requiring an MOQ.
6. Knit Resort
Knit Resort is an all-inclusive sweater development & manufacturing company located in Brooklyn, NY, USA.
It offers two-needle hand knitting & crochet, hand-flat knitting in gauges ranging from 2.5gg to 18gg, and computerized programming & knitting in gauges 7gg to 14gg.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Having an MOQ.
7. PDR Knitting
PDR Knitting was founded in 2006 in downtown Los Angeles, United States. It provides sample development and production services for high-end private-label sweaters, all done in-house in its own facility.
PDR Knitting currently possesses a 6000-sqft manufacturing space and operates 9 industrial machines, ranging from 1.5 gauge to 16 gauge.
- Support major credit & debit cards.
- Having a minimum order requirement.
Andari Fashion Inc is a full-service sweaters & knitwear manufacturer based in El Monte, California.
Established in 1991, the company has been supplying USA-made products to major department stores, specialty retailers, and high-end designers.
In addition to domestic manufacturing capabilities, Andari Fashion Inc has facilities in China to offer customers more options in product range and pricing.
- Accept major credit cards.
- Requiring an MOQ.
9. The Good Tee
Established in 2020 in the United States, The Good Tee is dedicated to becoming an eco-friendly & organic fair trade cotton apparel manufacturing company that supports farmers and connects fashion brands, designers, and customers together by managing the entire production process and supply chain.
Currently, it provides hooded sweaters, cozy pullovers, reversible cardigans, and more.
- Blind dropshipping services.
- Accept credit cards or 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks via Sezzle.
- MOQs for custom products start 250 pieces.
- Only shipping to the USA and within Canada.
How To Start An Online Custom Sweater Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory, you can still start an online custom sweater store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners to create and sell custom clothes online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.