In the past decade, there has been a steady ship away from unsustainable items due to their massive negative impact on the environment.
According to research from Google, UK consumers expect brands to adopt sustainable practices. User searches on the topic of carbon neutrality have grown by 92% over the last 12 months. 75% of the public agrees that we have to take action to protect future generations. 62% of shoppers also say that they care about at least one sustainability aspect when purchasing online.
Given this growing interest in sustainability, it’s important for UK print-on-demand store owners to adopt eco-friendly practices in both the production and shipping of their products.
This can be achieved by working with ethical and environmentally-friendly print-on-demand suppliers. In this post, we’ll highlight the 13 best suppliers to help you achieve this goal.
Best Ethical & Sustainable Print-On-Demand Suppliers In The UK
Here’re the 13 best ethical & sustainable print-on-demand companies in the UK.
Teemill is a leading sustainable & carbon-neutral print-on-demand service in the UK.
The company specializes in short-sleeve/long-sleeve t-shirts, crop tops, tank tops, sweaters, shorts, and joggers crafted from GOTS-certified organic cotton and decorated using low-waste digital printing tech. Plastic-free packaging also comes as standard on every order.
A standout feature of Teemill is its free online website builder solution which enables you to set up an online store to sell its merchandise in minutes.
- Worldwide delivery within 1-3 weeks.
- 2%-5% discounts if you sell more than 50-5,000 units in a calendar month.
- Easy-to-use design studio with countless marketing assets and graphics.
- Payment via all major debit/credit cards and PayPal.
- Support direct Shopify integration.
- Not having custom branding options.
- Not having a wide range of products other than clothing.
- Fairly high costs compared to other suppliers.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £15/t-shirt, £15/crop top, £35/hoodie, etc.
- Shipping Fees: From £4 to the UK, £6 to the EU, and £7 to other countries. Free shipping on UK orders over £50 and EU/international orders over £100.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
If you are interested in opening your own online print-on-demand storefront with minimal setup effort, try Teemill.
Inkthreadable is the next ethical & sustainable print-on-demand website in the UK that has successfully implemented environmentally-friendly production practices and removed plastic entirely from all shipment packages.
It sources textiles from top eco-friendly fashion wholesalers, such as Bella+Canvas, Stanley/Stella, Gildan, Continental Clothing, and Vanilla.
Regarding product collection, Inkthreadable carries custom adult shirts, polos, hoodies, jackets, baby & children’s apparel, tote bags, caps, bucket hats, mugs, water bottles, pillows, and tea towels that are made from either 100% organic cotton or a blend of organic cotton and recycled materials.
- Ship worldwide within 20 days via Royal Mail, DPD, USPS, or P2P.
- Up to 50% off when ordering in bulk.
- Tier-based pricing based on your monthly spending.
- 28-day return policy for faulty products.
- Pay with any major credit card/debit card or PayPal.
- Connect to Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, Wix, Big Cartel, and Etsy.
- Turnaround times are 3-7 days.
- Doesn’t provide custom labeling and packaging services.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £9.68/t-shirt, £25.24/hoodie, £4.28/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From £1.03 to the UK, £4.12 to the EU, £5.51 to the US, and £5.39 to the rest of the world.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
Go with Inkthreadable to start selling custom products from leading sustainable brands.
Next, we have TwoFifteen. It’s a UK eco-friendly & organic print-on-demand dropshipping supplier with no minimum order requirement that has been practicing sustainability and ethicality since 2019.
TwoFifteen uses OEKO-TEX certified water-based ink and mailing bags made from 100% recycled materials. The company also donates products that don’t pass quality control to charity to reduce the amount of disposed waste.
Currently, TwoFifteen provides custom fitness clothing, streetwear, drinkware, homeware, giftware, and accessories.
- Worldwide delivery within 1-3 weeks via Royal Mail.
- 28-day return/refund policy.
- Accept PayPal and credit/debit cards.
- Integrate with Shopify, Wix, Big Cartel, Squarespace, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, EKM, and Etsy.
- Up to 5 business days to dispatch orders.
- No personalized dropshipping branding solutions.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £7.84/t-shirt, £15.92/hoodie, £3.57/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from £2.95 to the UK, £6.67 to Europe, and £8.9 to the rest of the world.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Zero.
Leverage TwoFifteen to enhance your product selection.
AOP+ is a sustainable & ethical print-on-demand company in the United Kingdom that manufactures everything in-house to ensure the best quality and most reasonable pricing for all merchants.
AOP+ was founded in 2009 and originally started as a novelty clothing stall. Nowadays, it’s capable of developing custom goods that fit customer particular specifications and has become a trusted partner for over 10,000 artists, bloggers, designers, photographers, and online communities.
Speaking of the catalog, AOP+ allows you to customize over 140 items in diverse categories, including men’s & women’s print-on-demand clothing, home accessories, and pet supplies.
- Ship internationally within 15-20 business days.
- Replacement & refunds within 2 weeks of delivery.
- Free customized packing slips, label removal & heat pressing your branded label ($0.5/each), branded stickers on postal bags ($0.25/each), and branded inserts ($0.25/each).
- Payment methods include PayPal, credit/debit cards, bank transfers, Payoneer, and more.
- Integrate with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Etsy.
- Production lead times are 3-5 business days on average.
- Not providing a wide range of organic products.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £11.13/t-shirt, £20.68/hoodie, £6.06/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From £3.19 to the UK, £4.38 to the US, £6.78 to Europe, and £6.38 to the rest of the world.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free with limited features. Upgrading to the $19.99/month Hero plan will help you get 10% discounts on all products and access special benefits.
If you want to have a UK business partner that can tailor to your store, from private products, priority fulfillment, personalized branding, to dedicated support, check out AOP+.
Contrado specializes in premium eco-friendly print-on-demand products with no minimum order quantity, including designer clothes, scarves, bandanas, winter gloves, bags, purses, candles, furniture, bracelets, necklaces, sunglasses, fabrics, and more.
It’s part of Contrado Imaging Ltd – a UK corporation with a network of 40 websites in 9 languages across 14 territories dedicated to empowering artists to realize their business potential.
- Ship internationally within 15 business days (via FedEx, DHL, UPS, and TNT).
- Process orders within 1-3 days.
- 20%-40% off on wholesale dropshipping orders.
- You can return faulty products within 14 days of delivery.
- White-label print-on-demand solutions, such as personalized labels, printed tags, and other bespoke branding options.
- Accept PayPal and credit/debit cards.
- Shopify integration.
- Products are expensive.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £24/t-shirt, £89/hoodie, £9.5/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from £5.99 to the UK, £7.90 to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
Go with Contrado to start dropshipping luxury & high-ticket products.
GoCustomClothing is one of the most affordable print-on-demand suppliers in the UK of custom ecological & organic items.
It’s a division of the Kingfisher Leisurewear Ltd Group formed in 1996 and currently based in Ludlow Shropshire with a European export office in Madrid Spain.
- Worldwide shipping within 15 days.
- Discounts on wholesale print-on-demand orders.
- Custom packing slips and labels.
- Secure payment with Visa and Mastercard.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy, and TikTok Shop.
- Up to 7-10 working days to produce items.
- Not supporting personalized shipment packages.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £8.84/t-shirt, £13.49/hoodie, £3.96/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From about £1.70 to the UK, £5.38 to the EU, and £8.13 to the rest of the world.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: It’s free to start making money dropshipping from GoCustomClothing.
Use GoCustomClothing to maximize your profit margins.
7. My Needs Are Simple
My Needs Are Simple specializes in eco-friendly DTG print-on-demand and embroidery t-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, and accessories.
It works with some of the biggest leaders in sustainable clothing and print consumables, including Kornit Digital, Stanley/Stella, Beechfield, Honestly Made, Anthem, Result Genuine Recycled, Just Cool By AWDis, etc.
- Ship timely to the UK, US, EU, CA, and AU.
- Discounts on volume orders.
- Support custom neck tags, transfer tags, and sew-in labels.
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, Squarespace, and Etsy.
- The integration process is a bit complicated and will be carried out by the website’s dedicated team.
- Only using Stanley/Stella products for the print-on-demand dropshipping service.
- Not shipping worldwide.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £7.05/t-shirt, £15.96/hoodie, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From about £3 to the UK and £12 to other regions.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: A one-off cost of £200 to integrate the website with your eCommerce store.
Use My Needs Are Simple to expand your product line.
Printful is the biggest and most well-rounded sustainable print-on-demand company on the internet.
It doesn’t only have fulfillment centers across the United Kingdom but also throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Australia. This helps the company lower shipping costs to anywhere in the world while still maintaining good shipping times.
At present, Printful features all-over-print recycled scrunchies, floral hand & body wash lotions, organic drawstring bags, duffle bags, organic v-neck tees, recycled bikinis, underwear, pajamas, cotton dresses, robes, leggings, aprons, jerseys, plus-size garments, Mother’s Day gifts, etc.
One big benefit when using Printful is its diverse branded dropshipping solutions, including personalized packing slips, packaging inserts (flyers, coupons, business cards, stickers, postcards, and hand-written thank-you notes), labels, custom packaging, clothing sleeve printing, and white-label tracking pages.
- Blind dropshipping internationally within 20 business days via USPS, FedEx, DPD, and DHL.
- Orders of $500+ get free shipping.
- Up to 30% off for bulk purchases and 5%-9% monthly discounts for merchants who reach specific sales thresholds.
- 4-week return & refund policy.
- Warehousing & fulfillment solutions that help stock and distribute your products efficiently anywhere in the world.
- Powerful design maker with 3,000+ free clipart graphics, 250+ fonts, and 230+ colors and patterns.
- Additional services, including graphic design, photography, video, and store setup.
- Accept payments via PayPal, credit cards, and Printful Wallet.
- Support integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, Ecwid, Wix, PrestaShop, BigCommerce, Squarespace, Webflow, Square, Big Cartel, Weebly, Magento, 3dcart, Storenvy, eBay, Amazon, Wish, Etsy, and TikTok Shop.
- Up to 5 business days to process orders.
- Higher product costs than many competitors.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £12.25/t-shirt, £38.95/hoodie, £5.95/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from £3.69 to the UK, £3.59 to the US, £3.99 to the EU, and £10.59 to Asian countries.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Start dropshipping for free. However, you can upgrade to the $9/month Plus plan to access advanced product mockups and the background removal tool. The $49/month Pro plan will let you access exclusive clipart graphics, premium images at no extra cost, and other robust features.
Printful is the ideal choice to create a memorable unboxing experience for your customers thanks to its wide range of branding services.
Launched in 2015 and backed by angel investors from Silicon Valley, Printify connects you to the largest network of printing providers in over 100 locations (the UK included) to allow you to compare prices and shipping times between those companies and flexibly choose the best options for your business needs.
The platform currently carries 750+ quality print-on-demand products with eco-friendly items like gift wrap papers, calendars, socks, shoes, boots, yoga mats, doormats, biodegradable phone cases, playing cards, notebooks, bookmarks, lunch bags, plush toys, signs, sublimation coasters, glassware, pet supplies, tops, bottoms, etc.
- Ship worldwide within 15-20 business days via USPS, FedEx, DPD, UPS, DHL, Royal Mail, and more.
- Good customer service and merchant refund policy (within 30 days of product delivery).
- Tailored solutions for students, established influencers, and creators.
- Free design library.
- Pay with PayPal and credit cards.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, Squarespace, PrestaShop, Etsy, and eBay.
- 2-7 business days to process orders.
- Not having branding solutions.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £10.93/t-shirt, £20.99/hoodie, £3.76/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From £3.60 to the UK, £3.99 to the US, £3.27 to the EU, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free or you can upgrade to the $24.99/month Premium plan to get up to 20% discounts on all products.
Go with Printify to access the biggest print network and easily switch between suppliers to suit each of your target markets.
Gelato is the next sustainable & ethical print-on-demand platform that connects you to multiple fulfillment centers in the UK and many print hubs in other countries.
Launched in 2007, Gelato has now reached 10M+ orders fulfilled with close to 90% of them produced locally and 99.9% uptime.
The most notable products on Gelato are wallpaper, photo books, tote bags, clothing, mugs, and stationery & business supplies like business cards, flyers, brochures, folders, letterheads, and roll-up banners.
- Ship to over 200 countries and territories within 15 business days.
- 5%-16% discounts based on your monthly sales.
- Help merchants navigate customs, cross-border invoicing, tax, and vat issues.
- 30-day refund policy if you’re not satisfied with the quality of the products.
- You can pay via PayPal, credit cards, and Gelato Wallets.
- Connect to Shopify, Squarespace, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, and Etsy.
- 2-6 business days to process orders.
- No custom packaging options.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £13.02/t-shirt, £28.97/hoodie, £4.97/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From £3.35 to the UK, £3.01 to the US, £3.35 to the EU, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free or you can upgrade to the $14.99/month plan to get 30% off all standard shipping, premium apparel mockups, product personalization tools for customers, ready-to-use graphics, and image filters. The $999/year plan will allow you to get up to 50% discount on shipping, 30 days free delivery, and dedicated customer success managers.
Gelato is a quick print-on-demand company you should consider trying out.
Prodigi is another green & environmentally-friendly print-on-demand partner headquartered in the UK that also collaborates with local print labs in other regions, enabling your orders to be fulfilled near your customers and reducing carbon emissions in the process.
As of now, the company provides clothes, patches, blankets, tapestries, shower curtains, mouse mats, ornaments, keyrings, jewelry, iPad cases, puzzles, UK journals, canvases, kitchen products, etc.
Prodigi is trusted by artists, creatives, brands, enterprises, and even museums, including Disney, RedBubble, Fy!, Costco, British Library, National Theatre, etc.
- Ship internationally within 10-30 days.
- 80% of products are manufactured and dispatched within 24-72 hours.
- 14-day replacement policy for damaged orders.
- Concierge services for sellers (product creation, image quality reviews, product recommendations, app walkthroughs, and best practices).
- Accept credit/debit cards.
- Direct integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Squarespace, and Etsy.
- Logistics delays could happen to non-UK/US/EU regions.
- Branding services are only available for enterprise-level businesses.
- Eco-Friendly Products: £8.50/t-shirt, £18/hoodie, £4/mug, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From £1.5 to the UK, £3 to the US/EU, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
For beginners seeking a helping hand in setting up their online Shopify store, consider working with Prodigi.
ThePrintSpace is one of the best carbon-neutral & eco-friendly art print-on-demand suppliers. It was established in 2007 in the UK, dedicated to building a creative community and automated platform that support artists in monetizing their work.
ThePrintSpace features 11 professional fine art & photo papers and 9 pre-made solid wood & glass frame options.
- Fast fulfillment and global shipping from Germany and the UK (Within 5-10 days to the US/EU).
- Sustainable personalized packages with your customized logos, stickers, and inserts.
- Certificates of authenticity and digital signatures.
- Pay with debit/credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
- Integrate with Shopify, Squarespace, WooCommerce, Big Cartel, Wix, Etsy, Facebook Shops, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Up to 5-10 days to process framed & mounted prints.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £2.8/art print.
- Shipping Costs: A flat-rate global shipping charge of £7.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free or you can upgrade to the £8/month Professional plan will give you more artwork storage space, discoverable portfolios, and free postage shipping to the UK & EU.
ThePrintSpace is the best solution to begin dropshipping eco-conscious fine art & photo prints.
BeyondPrint is an ethical & sustainable print-on-demand supplier of Giclée & C-Type fine art. It was launched in 2009 in the heart of London, United Kingdom.
BeyondPrint offers various paper choices, including Canson Aquarelle, Hahnemühle Baryta FA, Hahnemühle Bamboo, Hahnemühle Pearl, Hahnemühle Photo Rag, Fuji Maxima Matt, Fuji Maxima Gloss, Kodak Lustre, etc.
- Ship worldwide within 10-14 days.
- 15% off your first order.
- Art mounting and bespoke framing services.
- Photo editing & image retouching services.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Link to Shopify and Etsy.
- Up to 10 days to complete handmade framing & mounting jobs.
- Eco-Friendly Products: From £2.5/art print.
- Shipping Costs: From £5 to the UK and £20 to other countries.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
BeyondPrint is another reliable UK partner to start selling eco-friendly print-on-demand fine art.
These suppliers are carefully chosen based on various criteria, including product range, product quality, processing times, shipping speed, shipping rates, and payment methods.
In summary, Teemill is a great UK partner for anyone interested in quickly opening their own online sustainable print-on-demand store.
If you want to start selling a diverse range of products from famous eco-friendly fashion brands, check out Inkthreadable, TwoFifteen, and My Needs Are Simple.
In case you’re looking for a premium provider, we recommend Contrado. On the contrary, consider GoCustomClothing to minimize your costs.
Regarding selling eco-friendly print-on-demand art prints, go with ThePrintSpace and BeyondPrint.
AOP+, Printful, Printify, Gelato, and Prodigi have their own unique selling point and can further enhance your product line.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.