According to GrandViewResearch, the global women’s dresses & skirts market size was estimated at $154.91 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach $218.50 billion, expanding at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2022 to 2028.
This impressive growth showcases the immense potential of the market and the opportunities for both established and emerging fashion brands.
As consumer preferences continue to evolve towards sustainable, locally-sourced, and high-quality options, the importance of finding a reliable and trustworthy domestic manufacturing partner cannot be overstated.
In this blog post, we’ve handpicked the top 18 best women’s skirt & dress manufacturers in the United States to help you navigate this dynamic market and find the perfect match for your brand’s needs and values. We’ll also provide insights into each company’s offerings, including services, capabilities, and pros & cons.
Best Manufacturers Of Custom Skirts & Dresses In The USA
Here’re the 18 best custom skirt & dress manufacturers in the United States.
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and production house for over 3K emerging designers and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its skirt & dress manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master patternmaker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
2. ARGYLE Haus
ARGYLE Haus is a US-based design house and manufacturing firm of aesthetics women’s fashion dresses & skirts.
Since its launch in 2010, it has been offering one-stop services to 100+ established designers, growth-stage companies, and national brands.
- Services include technical fashion design, research & concept development, fabric & material selection, pattern development, sampling & prototyping, cutting & sewing, private labeling, quality control & evaluation, marketing & promotion, etc.
- Support major credit card payment methods.
- High MOQ (starting from 300 pieces).
Its catalog contains various production-ready styles that can be made with your labels. You can also request adjustments to create a custom style.
- No MOQs for on-demand services.
- Support Shopify dropshipping.
- Payment via Visa, Mastercard, Affinity cards, American Express, PayPal, etc.
- On-demand services cost $299-$699/month.
- No-subscription bulk production services require a MOQ of 300+ pieces.
Founded in 2001, Nikibiki is a leader in custom American-made women’s/junior’s seamless wear manufacturing, including reversible tank dresses, camisole dresses, tube dresses, scoop-neck dresses, and midi dresses.
All of its items are crafted in Los Angeles, using super soft & lightweight fabric built on top of a refined production process and a meticulous quality check stage to ensure the highest standard of quality.
The customization services provided by Nikibiki are custom clothing labels, colors, styles, and price tags.
- International delivery.
- Free shipping for online domestic in-stock orders over $500.
- Accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- A minimum of $100 per order and 5 pieces per color for ready-made products.
- A minimum of 50 pieces per style per color for custom/private-label orders.
- The average lead time is about 4-6 weeks.
Lefty Production Co is the next leading wholesale fashion dress & skirt manufacturing company based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, USA.
It has collaborated with some famous fashion brands like Matthew Williamson, Rosetta Getty, Christian Siriano, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.
When working with Lefty, you’re provided with one-stop OEM/ODM service, from sketching, designing, fabric & trim sourcing, pattern making, branding, virtual 3D sampling, marking & grading, cutting, size testing, to production, laser cutting, and packing.
- Deliver to the USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and France.
- Consulting and website development services.
- Pay with credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 50 pieces.
- Not delivering globally.
6. The Good Tee
Established in 2020 in the United States, The Good Tee is dedicated to becoming an eco-friendly & organic fair trade cotton clothing manufacturing company that supports farmers and connects fashion brands, designers, and customers together by managing the entire production process and supply chain.
Currently, it provides everyday long-sleeve dresses, midi dresses, pocket dresses, etc.
- Blind dropshipping services.
- Accept credit cards or 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks via Sezzle.
- MOQs for custom products start 250 pieces.
- Only shipping to the USA and within Canada.
Avendors is a manufacturer of custom made-in-USA dresses & skirts that has worked with clients such as Pangaia, Fear Of God, Vuori, Vince, etc.
As for services, Avendors provides pattern making, sample making, fabric knitting, fabric dying, grading, marking, cutting, production sewing, private labeling, and trimming & packing.
- Global delivery.
- Pay via major credit/debit cards.
- 95-piece minimum.
- The production turnaround time is around 4-6 weeks.
Founded in 1947, Apparel Production NY is a highly experienced dress & skirt producer in New York, United States.
With the capabilities of handling the full manufacturing process from initial sketch & design, pattern making, and first sample production to full cutting and sewing, private labeling, and packing/shipping, Apparel Production NY is trusted by high-end fashion labels, such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Cole, etc.
- Global shipping.
- Accept bank checks, money orders, cash, and PayPal.
- The minimum is 250 pieces per style in 3 different colors and different sizes.
- 2–3 weeks of production time.
9. InStyle USA
InStyle USA is a custom & private-label clothing manufacturer of fashion dresses with over 30 years of experience.
The company offers full-package services, assisting you with design execution, fabric selection, trim selection, first pattern, and all parts of development to get your concept from samples to finished production.
InStyle USA possesses approximately 10,000 square feet of space in New York, with over 60 sewing machines and 2 on-site cutting tables.
- No minimums.
- Pay with checks, cash, most major credit cards, ACH payments, and wire transfers.
- Development generally takes between 2-6 weeks and bulk production takes 4-12 weeks.
Silkhands possesses over 20 years of experience in women’s dress development and production.
This manufacturer is also situated in Los Angeles, USA.
- Services range from creating patterns, samples, cutting, grading & marker, to production orders.
- Support common credit/debit cards.
- The standard production lead time is 4-8 weeks.
Patterns World Inc has been specializing in women’s dress pattern making and manufacturing services in the garment district of Los Angeles USA for over 30 years.
It has collaborated with famous celebrities such as Cindy Crawford, Kim Kardashian, Kelly Osbourne, and many other A-List celebrities.
- Full-package apparel development services.
- Credit/debit card payment accepted.
- The minimum is 50 units.
This company is located in New York, USA.
- Accept payments via credit cards, checks, wire transfers, Zelle, and PayPal.
- The MOQ is 120 pieces for each style.
- 1-2 months to produce bulk goods.
LA Fashion Source is yet another manufacturer located in Los Angeles, United States.
It has over 12 years of experience in the industry, now capable of producing women’s dresses, skirts, denim, athleisure, and more.
- Offering services in both the developmental and production phases (design, fabric sourcing, pattern & sample making, grading, garment making, and packaging).
- Payment via common card options.
- Having an MOQ.
14. POD Group NYC
POD Group NYC is a bulk custom female dress manufacturer in New York, USA. Its clients consist of Nanette Lepore, Anna Sui, Hatch Collection, BCBG, Bebe, etc.
The company offers full services from concept ideation, fabric sourcing, sample making to final production.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Accept major credit/debit card payments.
- Requiring an MOQ.
Happy Fashion On 36 is a US-based dress manufacturer that has partnered with brands like Rachel Comey, Batsheva, Marc Jacobs, etc.
- No MOQs.
- Accept major cards.
- Long production times.
16. Sunrise Studio
Sunrise Studio is a large sewing production shop specializing in working with high-end designers and contemporary fashion businesses.
Its catalog consists of cocktail dresses, evening dresses, bridal wear, skirts, etc.
- Credit/debit payments accepted.
- 100-piece minimum.
17. C&J Sportswear
C&J Sportswear has 30 years of experience in the fashion industry, specializing in pattern making, sample development, and US-based production.
Some of its capabilities are dress-making, cut & sew jersey, suiting, outerwear, shirting, and soft draped garments.
- No minimums.
- Pay by Mastercard, Visa, etc.
- Long lead times.
Jenny Fashion Studio is an all-in-one clothing manufacturer situated in New York, United States.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Having a minimum.
How To Start An Online Custom Women’s Skirt & Dress Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory, you can still start an online custom skirt & dress store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners to create and sell custom women’s skirts & dresses online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.