The US children’s wear market is a massive and competitive space, with Statista reporting a lucrative market size of $53.14 billion.
As parents’ preferences continue to evolve towards sustainable, locally sourced, and high-quality options for their kids, the importance of finding a reliable and trustworthy domestic toddler & youth fashion manufacturing partner cannot be overstated.
In this blog post, we’ve handpicked the top 16 children’s clothing manufacturers in the United States to help you navigate this dynamic market and find the perfect match for your brand’s needs and values. We’ll also provide insights into each company’s offerings, including services, capabilities, pros & cons, and what sets them apart in the industry.
Best Manufacturers Of Custom Kids’ Clothes In The USA
Here’re the 16 best custom children’s fashion clothing manufacturers in the United States.
Royal Apparel is a leading eco-friendly baby & kids’ apparel manufacturer located in New York, United States.
Its product line includes blank tees, plain polos, sleeveless tops, blank sweatshirts, bottoms, imprintable sweatsuits, and athleisure wear made from eco triblend fabrics, organic cotton, hemp viscose, bamboo viscose, etc.
Royal Apparel started in the early 90s offering private-label knitwear to luxury stores, national fashion brands, and big retailers. Nowadays, its products are picked by musicians, artists, wellness brands, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 corporations, the tech industry, national parks, museums, breweries, wineries, and restaurants.
- No minimum for in-stock blanks.
- International delivery via FedEx and UPS.
- Free freight shipping on stocked orders over $350 (within the continental US only).
- Approved wholesale accounts can order 7 blank product samples per calendar year at a 15% discount.
- Children’s clothing dropshipping services.
- You can pay with all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- Custom order minimums range from 1200-2400 units, per style and color.
- The lead time is 8-10 weeks from the date your samples are approved.
Established in 1988, Bella+Canvas is one of the best sustainable children’s clothing manufacturers based in Los Angeles, USA.
It offers premium boys’ & girls’ t-shirts, tank tops, hoodies & sweatshirts, sweatpants, streetwear, and infant one-piece outfits that can be completely personalized to your needs or made ready for sewing on your branded labels.
The customization options range from patterns, color, stitching, to fabric. The development process includes custom lab dips, tech packs, and development sample approval.
Bella+Canvas owns massive production facilities that use 7x less water than the average garment producer and recycle pretty much everything that can’t be turned into clothes.
In addition, Bella+Canvas’ supply chain partners are carefully evaluated based on quality, price, speed, and a shared vision around environmental and social responsibility as well as fair working conditions.
- No minimum for in-stock blank clothes.
- 50% off on up to 7 blank product samples per calendar year (only available to customers with a valid resale certificate).
- Accept credit cards, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- The minimum number of items for custom orders starts at 25,000 units per style/color.
- The development process takes 1-3 weeks and the production times start at 2 weeks.
- Do not ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses.
- You have to contact the company to arrange shipments outside the USA.
Scott x Scott is a family-owned and operated children’s garment supplier in the USA, designing and manufacturing for clients such as Urban Outfitters, Levi’s, and Revolve Clothing.
Scott x Scott’s mission is to provide a full package production service from designing and development, to production and private labeling, at a competitive price with virtually no minimums.
- No MOQ.
- Accept major credit/debit cards.
- Long production times.
Founded in 2005 in the US, The Evans Group is a reliable full-service fashion development and production house for over 3K emerging designers and high-end clothing brands, including Moncler, Banana Republic, Chantel Lauren, Kiln, Cosima, Over + Over, etc.
Its custom kids’ & toddler garment manufacturing services include sourcing, grading, marking, cutting, hand sewing, trimming & packing, installation projects, and dedicated sewing modulars.
When working with The Evens Group, you will be paired with a dedicated team that walks you from start to finish, including a project manager, a design & sourcing expert, a master patternmaker, and a seasoned seamstress.
- In-house studio-level production with no minimum required (suitable for high-end brands that require special handling or quality, brands seeking rush orders, or brands seeking runs for publicity or up-front inventory for start-up sales).
- International shipping.
- Pay with major credit/debit cards.
- Factory-level production has a minimum of 50 pieces per style.
- 4-8-week turnaround times (rush deliveries within 1-4 weeks with additional charges).
5. Kids Blanks
Kids Blanks is a wholesale baby & youth fashion clothing manufacturer established by a family business in 2000 in the United States.
The company uses 4 types of CPSIA-certified fabrics (4.5oz 100% Cotton Ring Spun Knit, 7oz Interlock Knit, 6oz Interlock Knit, and 6.5oz Interlock Knit) that are suitable for different imprinting & decorating processes to meet the various demand of customers.
Regarding product selection, Kids Blanks offers tops, bottoms, one-piece bodysuits, sleep-n-play pajamas, swaddle sacks, sleep gowns, bibs, bloomers, and beanies & headwear.
- No minimums for in-stock items.
- International delivery.
- Free shipping for in-stock orders over $300 in the US.
- Print-on-demand dropshipping solutions.
- Accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, and COD.
- A minimum of 48-144 pieces for private-label/custom orders.
Founded in 1992 in California USA, Bambini Infant Wear is an organic apparel manufacturer in the US providing various newborn/infant/toddler boutique clothing items, such as t-shirts, mittens, booties, creepers, pajamas, gowns, robes, hats, caps, blankets, towels, and other specialty goods.
The company offers classic styles with detailed embroidery, unique prints, and soft pastel colors made of 100% cotton.
- No MOQ for stocked items.
- Shipping worldwide via DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Dropshipping services.
- Accept credit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal.
- The minimum for a custom order is 1,800+ units per style, per color.
- Turnaround times are 80-90 days.
Lefty Production Co is the next leading wholesale kids’ clothing manufacturing company based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, USA.
It has collaborated with some famous fashion brands like Matthew Williamson, Rosetta Getty, Christian Siriano, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus.
When working with Lefty, you’re provided with one-stop OEM/ODM service, from sketching, designing, fabric & trim sourcing, pattern making, branding, virtual 3D sampling, marking & grading, cutting, size testing, to production, laser cutting, and packing.
- Deliver to the USA, UK, Canada, Denmark, Switzerland, and France.
- Consulting and website development services.
- Pay with credit/debit cards.
- A MOQ of 50 pieces.
- Not delivering globally.
8. Bomme Studio
Bomme Studio is a made-in-US manufacturer offering full-service development, sourcing, and production for custom ethically-made children’s fashion clothes.
Its services consist of personalized neck tapes, size labels, care labels, hang tags, patches, laces, plastic or metal aglets, heat-press stones, etc.
The company owns and operates manufacturing sites in California and Mexico, with an additional sourcing office in South Korea to ensure you get competitive costs at the highest quality available.
- Digital marketing agency services, including Shopify website building, product photography/video content, SEO, paid advertising, email marketing, brand coaching, etc.
- Payment can be made through Visa, MasterCard, Affinity Card, American Express, and PayPal.
- For custom production orders, the MOQ is 150 units per style.
- The MOQ for private-label blanks programs is 50 units per style.
- Sample development takes 4-6 weeks to complete.
- Production takes 10-12 weeks from the time your sample is approved.
9. Expert Brand
It started in 1993 creating technical performance fabric for famous brands. Since then, the company has combined expert engineering and an eco-conscious approach to craft elevated basics that meet the rigorous demands of professional athletes and the armed forces.
- No minimum for in-stock items.
- Free shipping in the continental USA for catalog orders over $500.
- Accept all major credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and Mastercard), PayPal, and Google Pay.
- A minimum of 144 units for custom neck or logo prints on stocked blanks, 1500-3000 units for custom colors, and 3000-5000 units for custom styles.
- If you’re an overseas customer, you will need to arrange your own shipping carrier.
10. Cotton Heritage
Cotton Heritage features blank clothes for youth & infants like short-sleeve t-shirts, long-sleeve t-shirts, onesies, fleece pullovers, and crewneck sweats that are available for private-label/custom programs.
It’s a mill-direct & WRAP-certified bulk manufacturer in the US with warehouses in Dallas TX, Los Angeles CA, and Ridgeway VA.
- No minimum for stocked orders.
- Free UPS ground shipping on catalog orders from $250.
- Generous pricing and freight discounts based on order quantity.
- Payment methods include major credit cards, company checks, and COD.
- The minimum for custom orders is 600-1200 pieces.
- Production turnaround times are 90-120 days.
- Need to contact the customer service team to arrange international shipments.
11. Hyphen Apparel
Hyphen Apparel has been manufacturing and supplying custom children’s fashion attires to licensing companies like Disney, NFL licensing, and Marvel as well as corporate retailers such as Old Navy, Gap, Hot Topic, Torrid, Buckle, and Forever21.
The company has US warehouses and offices in two locations in Los Angeles and Guatemala, offering start-to-finish services from sample making, monitor compliance, administration, production, to delivery.
- Ship globally.
- No minimums for stocked blanks.
- Free domestic delivery on in-stock orders $150+.
- Accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Discover.
- A minimum quantity of 3,000 pieces per color per style for custom orders.
The Elite Fashion Group is a private-label/custom children’s apparel manufacturer headquartered in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 5 facilities in the city that focus on a specific category for each of your production needs. Its capacity is 500,000 – 1,000,000 per month.
- Full-package development and production solutions.
- You can pay by major credit/debit cards.
- The minimum order quantity is 250 pieces per style for production.
- Lead times are up to 4-6 weeks.
Founded in 1947, Apparel Production NY is a highly-experienced kids’ wear producer in New York, United States.
With the capabilities of handling the full manufacturing process from initial sketch & design, pattern making, and first sample production to full cutting and sewing, private labeling, and packing/shipping, Apparel Production NY is trusted by high-end fashion labels, such as Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Cole, etc.
Regarding product selection, the company can manufacture sweaters, pants, shirts, hoodies, joggers, loungewear, sportswear, coats & outerwear, suits, trousers, sportswear, jackets, and swimwear.
- Global shipping.
- Accept bank checks, money orders, cash, and PayPal.
- The minimum is 250 pieces per style in 3 different colors and different sizes.
- 2–3 weeks of production time.
14. ARGYLE Haus
ARGYLE Haus is a US-based design house and manufacturing firm of aesthetics children’s fashion clothes, activewear, outerwear, beachwear, and uniforms.
Since its launch in 2010, it has been offering one-stop services to 100+ established designers, growth-stage companies, and national brands.
- Services include technical fashion design, research & concept development, fabric & material selection, pattern development, sampling & prototyping, cutting & sewing, private labeling, quality control & evaluation, marketing & promotion, etc.
- Support major credit card payment methods.
- High MOQ (starting from 300 pieces).
15. Seam Apparel
Seam Apparel is a wholesale baby & kids’ clothing producer in Los Angeles, USA.
It has 10 years of garment production experience and is dedicated to serving both small startups and big brands.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Fabric/material sourcing, sampling, pattern making, sizing, grading, marking, etc.
- Accept all major credit cards, certified checks, and money orders.
- The minimum is 50 pieces.
- Long lead times.
16. Affix Apparel
Affix Apparel is a bulk manufacturer in the United States of custom child boys’ & girls’ wear with over 10 years of experience serving both small and large fashion brands.
It provides various services, including material sourcing, grading, pattern designing, sampling sizing, cut & sew manufacturing, all-over sublimation printing, screen printing, embroidery, woven labels, satin labels, hang tags, and heat transfer labels.
- Global delivery.
- Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank checks, money orders, and cash.
- A MOQ of 50+ pieces.
- Lead times are between 2-6 weeks.
How To Start An Online Custom Children’s Clothing Store In The USA Without Buying In Bulk From Manufacturers
If you don’t want to invest a large amount of money upfront to buy inventory, you can still start an online custom kids’ apparel store in the USA by leveraging a fulfillment model called “print-on-demand.”
It’s a process in which a product is only printed with your own design and shipped to your customer after an order has been placed. This allows for greater flexibility and reduced costs, as there is no need to maintain inventory or pay for large runs in advance.
To start, check out the best print-on-demand partners to create and sell custom children’s clothes online.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.