Looking for the best companies in the United Kingdom to create custom notebooks, journals, and planners to sell online?
To save you time from scouring the internet, this article will show you the 7 best UK print-on-demand websites offering them at competitive prices with low or no minimum order quantity.
Best UK Print-On-Demand Suppliers Of Custom Notebooks, Journals, & Planners
Here’re the 7 best custom notebook, journal, & planner print-on-demand companies in the UK.
Printify is a leading notebook & journal print-on-demand site that connects you to the largest network of over 110 printing providers (including printers in the UK) to allow you to compare prices and shipping times between those companies and flexibly choose the best options for your business needs.
It’s a tech startup launched in 2015 and backed by angel investors from Silicon Valley.
Besides custom hard-backed journals, wire-bound softcover notebooks, and stapled softcover notebooks, the platform also gives you access to 750+ other print-on-demand products with no MOQ, such as stickers, mousepads, phone cases, mugs, tumblers, glassware, wrapping paper, puzzles, card decks, keychains, t-shirts, polos, button-down shirts, hoodies, jackets, jerseys, joggers, leggings, skirts, shorts, underwear, swimsuits, fitness wear, kimonos, pajamas, curvy garments, all-over-print apparel, children’s clothing, socks & stockings, aprons, shoes & sneakers, hats & beanies, shower curtains, tea towels, tapestries, pillows, blankets, candles, yoga mats, pet items, yard signs, and more.
- Blind worldwide shipping within 15-20 business days via USPS, FedEx, DPD, UPS, DHL, Royal Mail, and more.
- Good customer service and merchant refund policy (within 30 days of product delivery).
- Tailored solutions for students, established influencers, and creators.
- Free design library.
- Pay with Paypal and credit cards.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, Squarespace, PrestaShop, Etsy, and eBay.
- 2-7 business days to process orders.
- Not supporting branded dropshipping services.
- Notebooks & Journals: From £5.94.
- Shipping Costs: From £3.98 to the UK, £7.21 to the EU, and £16.18 to the rest of the world.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free to start dropshipping or you can upgrade to the £20.99/month Premium plan to get up to 20% discounts on all products.
Contrado is the best UK print-on-demand supplier of luxury planners, spiral notebooks, journals, guest books, diaries, and address books that are handcrafted with fine paper stocks and satin covers.
Additionally, it also provides high-ticket personalizable stationery like lookbooks, albums, scrapbooks, pencil tins, leather document cases, business cards, greeting cards, and bookmarks as well as premium clothes, jewels, handbags, wallets, sunglasses, bandanas, scarves, umbrellas, furniture, wallpaper, flags, ornaments, canvas prints, fabrics, etc.
Contrado is part of Contrado Imaging Ltd – a corporation based in London with a network of 40 websites across 14 territories dedicated to empowering artists to realize their business potential.
- Ship internationally within 15 business days (via FedEx, DHL, UPS, and TNT).
- Process orders within 1-3 days.
- 20%-40% off on wholesale print-on-demand orders.
- You can return faulty products within 14 days of delivery.
- White-label print-on-demand services, such as personalized labels, printed tags, and other bespoke branding options.
- Accept Paypal and credit/debit cards.
- Integration with Shopify.
- Products are expensive.
- Notebooks & Journals: From £15.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from £5.99.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: It’s free to start a dropshipping side hustle with Contrado.
Prodigi is the next excellent custom journal & notebook dropshipping print-on-demand partner headquartered in Great Britain, United Kingdom, with offices in London, Cardiff, Harrogate, Alton, and Farnham.
The company is trusted by artists, creatives, brands, enterprises, and even museums around the world, including Disney, RedBubble, Fy!, Costco, British Library, National Theatre, etc.
- Ship internationally within 14 days.
- 80% of products are manufactured and dispatched within 24-72 hours.
- 14-day replacement policy for damaged orders.
- Concierge services for Shopify sellers (product creation, image quality reviews, product recommendations, app walkthroughs, and best practices).
- Accept credit/debit cards.
- Integrate with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Squarespace, and Etsy.
- Logistics delays could happen to non-UK/US/EU regions.
- Branding services are only available for enterprise-level businesses.
- Notebooks & Journals: From £4.
- Shipping Costs: From £1.5 to the UK, £2.5 to the EU, £4.95 to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Start dropshipping for free.
Lulu is one of the best book print-on-demand services with production facilities in the UK and other countries worldwide.
It offers everything you need to design and publish completely unique notebooks, journals, planners, textbooks, novels, kids’ books, comics, booklets, magazines, coloring books, and calendars with no MOQ.
You have access to over 3,000 possible combinations by changing sizes (A4, A5, square, pocket, US letter, etc.), interior page types (blank, lined, graph, or dot grid), bindings (paperback perfect bound, coil bound, saddle stitch, hardcover case wrap, linen wrap, or wire-O), paper options (60# cream, 60# white, 80# white, 100# white, etc.), colors (standard black & white, premium black & white, standard color, and premium color), and cover finishes (glossy or matte).
As a Certified B Corporation, Lulu is committed to balancing purpose and profit. It prioritizes sustainability and strives for the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
- Ship to over 150 countries within 28 days.
- 5%-15% volume discounts for orders over 100 units.
- Replacement copies if you received damaged, defective, or incorrectly packaged items within 30 days of the delivery date.
- Free guides and templates on how to publish printed books or eBooks.
- Lulu’s global distribution service reaches over 40,000 retailers and schools around the world, including Lulu Bookstore, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, the Ingram Network, etc.
- Accept PayPal, credit/debit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
- Connect directly to Shopify and WooCommerce.
- The estimated production time is 3-5 business days.
- Some orders might take up to 6 weeks to arrive due to clearance delays or delivery restrictions.
- Notebooks & Journals: From about £5.
- Shipping Costs: From £4 to the UK, £5.5 to the EU, £4.5 to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free. You only pay for books printed and shipped to customers.
Blurb is a print-on-demand dropshipper for personal notebooks, travel journals, & yearly journals that possesses manufacturing houses in the United Kingdom and the United States.
It was established in 2005 and has now surpassed the milestone of 20M books printed and shipped.
What to love about Blurb is its beginner-friendly and visually stunning design tool to help you quickly create professional products with up to 480 pages.
- Ship to over 100+ countries and territories within 10-25 business days.
- 10%-40% off for bulk orders (from 10 units).
- Replacement copies within 30 days of delivery if your books arrive damaged, with material manufacturing defects, or material defects in workmanship.
- Support distributing your books on Blurb Bookstore, Amazon, Ingram, Apple Book Store, and Kickstarter campaigns.
- Accept PayPal and major credit cards.
- 4-5 business days in production.
- Doesn’t have an app to quickly integrate with eCommerce platforms (only support connecting through an API).
- Notebooks & Journals: From £4.51.
- Shipping Costs: From £7.99 to the UK, £9.99 to the EU, £3.99 to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
BookVault is the cheapest print-on-demand website in the UK to purchase custom notebooks and journals.
It belongs to PrintOnDemand-Worldwide – a self-publishing company based in Peterborough with more than 25 years of experience in the industry. Its production facility can output over 1 million items every year.
- Fast dropshipping worldwide.
- 3%-10% bulk discount.
- Support connection to Shopify, WooCommerce, and distributing on Amazon, Gardners, The Great British Book Shop, Ingram’s retail network, etc.
- 5-7 working days in production.
- Requiring a setup fee for each new title.
- Notebooks & Journals: From £1.38.
- Shipping Costs: From £3.28 to the UK, £5.55 to the EU, £5.95 to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: No monthly subscription cost with a one-time setup charge of £19.95/title. However, you can upgrade to the £24.95/month plan to lower the setup fee to £4.95/title. The £89.95/month plan will help you waive the fee and access discounted rush shipping services along with better support and advanced bespoke reporting.
Moo offers the best-value-for-money print-on-demand cloth hardcover notebooks, softcover journals, and perpetual planners.
It was launched back in 2006 in the UK and today has become a much-loved brand with a 70% NetPromoter rating and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers in more than 190 countries.
- Global shipping within 1-2 weeks.
- Great quantity discounts.
- Free reprint if your order has any issues.
- Plastic-free and 100% recyclable packaging.
- User-friendly design lab with countless elegant templates.
- If you order in bulk, you can print different designs on the back of products at no extra cost.
- Tailored business solutions (special discounts, in-house design expertise, your own ordering platform & account manager, and more).
- Payment methods include Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, and Paypal.
- Requiring a minimum order quantity of 10 units.
- Doesn’t support direct integration with eCommerce platforms.
- Notebooks & Journals: From £10.50.
- Shipping Costs: From £1/each to the UK, £6.5/each to the UK, £2/each to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: £115/year.
These companies are carefully chosen based on various criteria, including product range, product quality, processing times, shipping speed, shipping rates, and payment methods.
In summary, for beginner sellers looking for easy-to-use notebook & journal print-on-demand partners in the UK with no minimum order quantity, go with Printify and Prodigi for affordable products and Contrado for more premium ones.
If you’re finding suppliers with a wide variety of paper & binding options, check out Lulu, Blurb, and BookVault.
Finally, pick MOO to print high-quality custom notebooks, journals, and planners in large quantities at affordable prices.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.