Embroidery is the art of sewing designs on fabric or clothing with needles and thread. According to DataIntelo, the global embroidery market size is projected to grow from $1.6B in 2018 to $2.2B by 2028, registering a CAGR of 3.3%.
GrandViewResearch also reported that the embroidery segment emerged as the largest portion of the global decorated apparel industry in 2020, with a market share of 41.4%. It is expected to retain its pole position in the future and is estimated to still claim a market share of 38.7% by 2028 despite the rising popularity of screen printing and digital printing technologies.
Hence, embroidered products are great print-on-demand items for entrepreneurs to start selling and make money.
In order to do so, the first step is to find a reliable custom embroidery supplier. And, this post will show you the 20 best ones along with their strengths and weaknesses to help you easily choose from.
Best Print-On-Demand Suppliers For Embroidery
Here’re the 8 best embroidery print-on-demand companies.
Printful is the most popular white-label print-on-demand supplier on the internet for embroidery. It features men’s & women’s embroidered tees, tank tops, sweatshirts, bomber jackets, joggers, shorts, hoodie dresses, hats & beanies, tote bags & backpacks, aprons, crew socks, blankets, baby bibs, and patches.
Printful has a network of fulfillment centers across the US, EU, and partner facilities in Japan and Australia. This enables the company to deliver 80% of orders in the same region they’re purchased, helping it lower shipping costs while still maintaining good shipping times.
Another big benefit when using Printful is its diverse dropshipping branding options, including personalized packing slips, branded packaging inserts (flyers, coupons, business cards, stickers, postcards, and hand-written thank-you notes), inside/outside clothing labels, custom packaging, and white-label tracking pages.
- Blind dropshipping worldwide within 20 business days via USPS, FedEx, DPD, and DHL.
- Powerful design maker with 3,000+ free clipart graphics, 250+ fonts, and 230+ colors and patterns.
- Up to 30% off for bulk purchasing and 5%-9% monthly discounts for merchants who reach specific sales thresholds.
- Warehousing & fulfillment solutions that help stock and distribute your products efficiently anywhere in the world.
- Additional services, including graphic design, photography, video, and store setup.
- Accept Paypal, credit cards, and Printful Wallet.
- Integrate with Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, Ecwid, PrestaShop, BigCommerce, Squarespace, Webflow, Square, Big Cartel, Weebly, Magento, 3dcart, Storenvy, eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and Wish.
- 2-5 business days to process orders.
- Embroidered Products: From $12.25/t-shirt, $15.5/tank top, $25.75/sweatshirt, $29.25/hoodie, $13.25/beanie, etc.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from $3.99 to the US, $4.39 to the EU, and $11.99 to Asian countries.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Begin dropshipping for free. However, you can upgrade to the $9/month Plus plan to access advanced product mockups and the background removal tool. The $49/month Pro plan will let you access exclusive clipart graphics, premium images at no extra cost, and other robust features.
For beginner dropshippers, we strongly recommend going with Printful. It’s fast, reliable, and offers a wide range of embroidered products. Furthermore, you have the ability to personalize shipment packages which improves your customers’ unboxing experience.
Apliiq is the best embroidery print-on-demand fashion dropshipping company in the USA, having a professional team of seasoned cutters and sewers to produce high-quality adult tops, bottoms, leggings, hats, and kids’ clothing to satisfy any customers.
It allows you to save up to anywhere between 20% and 55% when you buy in bulk, starting from a low 10 units. Your discount will be automatically applied during checkout.
- Ship to over 150 countries and regions within 1-2 weeks.
- Custom fashion dropshipping branding options include branded tags, embroidered patches, and woven labels.
- Graphic design ($5/artwork) and advertising (run paid ads for your store at $149/month) solutions.
- Pay with Paypal and credit cards.
- Integrate with WooCommerce and Shopify.
- Production can take up to 5 business days.
- You will be charged a one-time fee of $11 for embroidery service on your first order of each item.
- Embroidered Products: From $13.50/t-shirt, $15.25/tank top, $22.95/hoodie, $13.45/hat, etc.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from $4.99 to the US and $6.99 for international orders.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: You can start a dropshipping side hustle with Apliiq for free.
Apliiq is one of the best-quality print-on-demand providers to choose from.
Shirtee is a German print-on-demand platform for embroidery that has invested over €5M in machines and software development. Along with a 2.500 square-meter production & storage space, it can process over 5K items daily.
What makes Shirtee special is its product returns management system. The company helps send your customer a shipping label on your behalf, handles the return process for you, and inspects the return package upon arrival at its warehouse address.
If a shopper buys one of your products, which has been returned to Shirtee’s warehouse, it can also package and ship the item instead of you having to deliver a new one.
- International delivery via DHL, DPD, Deutsche Post, GLS, and UPS (within 2-12 days to most US/EU regions).
- Diverse clothing dropshipping branding options (personalized hangtags, inside & outside printed labels, edge labels, neck labels, and sleeve labels). Additionally, you can insert custom stickers, flyers, and washing instructions into shipment packages.
- Warehousing & fulfillment service.
- Pay with Paypal and major credit cards.
- Connect to Amazon, Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, ShopWare, Squarespace, Magento, eBay, and Etsy.
- Up to 5 days to create products.
- High shipping fees and shipping delays to countries outside of the EU.
- Embroidered Products: From €15.08/t-shirt, €19.75/hoodie, €25.17/jacket, €13.40/hat, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From €4.16 to Germany, €5.8 to the EU, €9.90 to the US, etc.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Start making money dropshipping from Shirtee is free.
Shirtee is the ideal choice if you demand an easy and hand-off product returns solution for your store.
Inkthreadable stands out as a sustainable print-on-demand partner for embroidered merchandise. It’s headquartered in the UK, having successfully implemented environmentally-friendly production practices and removed plastic entirely from all shipment packages.
Inkthreadable sources textiles from leading eco-friendly clothing wholesalers, including Bella+Canvas, Stanley/Stella, Gildan, Continental Clothing, and Vanilla.
- Ship worldwide within 15 days.
- Up to 50% off when ordering in bulk.
- Tier-based pricing based on your monthly spending.
- Pay with any major credit card/debit card or PayPal.
- Connect to Big Cartel, Shopify, WooCommerce, Squarespace, and Etsy.
- Turnaround times are 3-7 days.
- Doesn’t provide custom packaging.
- Embroidered Products: From £8.40/t-shirt, £10.80/tank top, £14.88/sweatshirt, £18.35/hoodie, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From £1.14 to the UK, £4.25 to the EU, £6.32 to the US, and £5.56 to the rest of the world.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Start dropshipping for free.
If you want to start a sustainable print-on-demand store, go with Inkthreadable.
CustomCat has over 20 years of experience in the industry and state-of-the-art print-on-demand facilities in Detroit Michigan with capabilities of doing 3 decoration types. They include embroidery, direct-to-garment printing (DTG), and dye sublimation.
Currently, CustomCat owns a catalog of 350 products (apparel, home decor, stationery, and accessories) and can dispatch up to 40K+ pieces of goods daily.
- International shipping within 1-4 weeks via OSM and UPS (Fast dropshipping to the US within 2-6 business days).
- Process orders within 1.5-3 days on average.
- Support overnight rush shipping (at additional costs).
- Discounts for high-volume sellers.
- Accept PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Payoneer.
- Integration with BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, Etsy, and other platforms via an API.
- No branding service.
- No filtering options to list out embroidered items.
- Embroidered Products: From $10.96/t-shirt, $17.84/hoodie, etc.
- Shipping Costs: Starting from $3.99 to the US and $6.25 to international regions.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
CustomCat is one of the fastest print-on-demand solutions for the US market to choose from.
Established in 2011 in Australia by a team of designers, artists, and print specialists, ThePrintBar’s mission is to inspire creativity and help small business owners share their ideas.
It offers embroidery print-on-demand wholesale men’s & women’s casual wear, sportswear, outerwear, workwear, caps, and youth apparel.
A notable feature of ThePrintBar is its dropshipping store builder solution that doesn’t require any coding knowledge to set up and is completely 100% free. In addition, the platform can help you deal with customer service on your behalf.
- Global shipping within 7-40 business days.
- Volume discounts.
- Payment methods include Paypal and major credit/debit cards.
- No in-house print-on-demand app to integrate with eCommerce platforms.
- Doesn’t provide personalized branding services.
- Might need up to 8 business days to process orders.
- Expensive products.
- Embroidered Products: From $62.55 AUD/cropped t-shirt, $73.01 AUD/sweatshirt, $62 AUD/hat, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From $10 AUD to Australia and $15 AUD to other countries.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free.
If you want to open your own online shop for free and with minimal setup effort, try ThePrintBar.
Printify is a tech startup launched in 2015 and backed by angel investors from Silicon Valley. Instead of building its own production facilities, it connects you with the largest network of printing providers in over 100 locations to allow you to compare prices and shipping times between those companies and flexibly choose the best options for your business needs.
Apart from embroidered clothes and hats, Printify also allows you to customize 500+ other digital/dye-sublimation print-on-demand items, such as all-over-print fashion, plus-size garments, swimwear, sleepwear, scarves, shoes, mugs, tumblers, phone cases, mousepads, keychains, necklaces, wallets, notepads, ornaments, calendars, puzzles, pillowcases, yoga mats, rugs, canvas prints, candles, pet apparel, and more.
- Worldwide shipping within 15 business days via USPS, FedEx, DPD, UPS, DHL, Royal Mail, and more.
- Good customer service and merchant refund policy.
- Tailored solutions for students, established influencers, and creators.
- Free design library.
- Support Paypal and credit cards.
- Integrate with eBay, Shopify, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, Wix, BigCommerce, Squarespace, and Etsy.
- 2-7 business days to process orders.
- Lack a wide range of embroidered products.
- Doesn’t provide personalized labeling and packaging solutions.
- Embroidered Products: From $27.40/t-shirt, $29.72/hoodie, $42.09/jacket, $13.78/hat, etc.
- Shipping Costs: From $4 to the US and $8 to other regions.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: Free or you can upgrade to the $24.99/month Premium plan to get up to 20% discounts on all products.
You can use Printify to further expand your store’s product catalog.
Finally, let’s take a look at Fuel. It’s another USA fashion print-on-demand company for embroidered goods, having a total of 300+ employees. This allows for a daily production capacity of thousands of items with a 98.6% on-time shipment rate.
Regarding product selection, Fuel currently only provides embroidery service for dad hats, snapback trucker caps, 5-panel hats, and cuffed beanies.
- Shipments usually arrive within the USA within 2-5 business days. International shipping takes 2-6 weeks.
- Pay with Paypal and major credit/debit cards.
- Connect to Shopify.
- Up to 5 days of processing times.
- Not having a variety of items.
- Doesn’t provide custom branding options.
- Embroidered Products: From $11/hat.
- Shipping Costs: From $6 for the first item and $3 for each next one to the US. International shipping starts from $8 for the first product and $5 for each additional one.
- Dropshipping Subscription Fees: No monthly fee.
Use Fuel alongside other printing partners to expedite production and serve your customers faster.
If you’re just getting started, consider working with only one or two embroidery print-on-demand dropshipping companies that best suit your needs. Once your brand gets a little bit bigger, you can think of using multiple suppliers at the same time.
Remember, other elements like conversion rate optimization, email marketing, advertising, and customer service are just as important contributors to the success of your business.
To learn more about those topics, check out our complete dropshipping checklist.
The rightful owner of The Clever Business. I review & curate the leading suppliers so you don't waste time scouring the internet.